Supervising Learners...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supervising Learners...

I've got someone hounding me to supervise them so they can practice parking and general driving in their car before their driving test that's coming up shortly.

I've tried explaining the idea of third party insurance and why it's a good idea to have it, but I don't think they're getting the point.

Anyway, my question is: If I'm supervising someone in their car and they have an accident or scrape when practicing their parking, am I in anyway responsible for the damage?

Just want to clear this up before I put myself in a potentially bad situation.

Unless your a qualified instructor, I would say no.

But if they don't have any insurance then run far, far away.

And don't be getting them to park near my car. Got enough driving instructors using my street and driveway for practice as it is.
    To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid.

Originally posted by PSB Forum Software
    Sorry, no matter how much you try, you can not ignore yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonchilds View Post
      Anyway, my question is: If I'm supervising someone in their car and they have an accident or scrape when practicing their parking, am I in anyway responsible for the damage?
      No.
      such comment
      wow
      many post

Comment

I've tried explaining the idea of third party insurance and why it's a good idea to have it, but I don't think they're getting the point.
        Tell them to fuck off until they get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
          Tell them to fuck off until they get it.
          +1

It's not their shit I would be worried about.

Comment

^^ +1 to desmo's suggestion.

If they can't be fucked paying the $6/week for third party (or whatever it is) they shouldn't be on the road.
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

1. Drive them to a shopping centre/industrial estate in the evening/weekend when the car park is empty.

2. Put some cones/witches hats up to mark the bays and to act as pretend cars.

3. Practice the parking.

worst case scenario is that they stuff it up and hit the cones.

Comment

No insurance No Drive. Even if this person got insurance, he/she doesn't necessarily have to pay up. I was hit by a girl who had insurance, she made a claim, but her insurance wouldn't pay me until she paid her excess. I hounded her for 6 weeks for not much good. One day her door was knocked on by a big burley bloke (Not me. I'm little) "repossesion of goods to the value of" was mentioned and magically the payment was made. I heard a rumour her house got raided a little later on. Karma is a bitch sometimes.

Comment

If its your car then it will be your insurance. Ring your insurance company and ask them if it is covered.

Comment

Originally posted by Hired_goon View Post
                    And don't be getting them to park near my car. Got enough driving instructors using my street and driveway for practice as it is.
                    i call it a sign saying Aufmerksamkeit Landgruben (attention land mines) and put some stingers that are made of rubber on your driveway
                    She's not hot enough to be a cougar...

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight View Post
                      If its your car then it will be your insurance. Ring your insurance company and ask them if it is covered.
                      I've got someone hounding me to supervise them so they can practice parking and general driving in their car before their driving test that's coming up shortly.

Just want to clear this up before I put myself in a potentially bad situation.
                      fail at comprehension much?
                      If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Working...
                      X