random question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• random question

You know those big old Rusty panels / manhole covers you often find on footpaths marked PMG? I assume it's phone or power related...

Well the concrete around the one outside my place has strongly warped in the heat. The hole is now slightly bigger than the panel.

When I rode my bike (icycle) over it the god-damn 20kg panel pivoted and fell half into the hole. The other 3 look like they're gonna go soon. So now there's a 2-metre wide, deceptive-looking Bottomless Pit on the footpath outside my house. Someone, probably me, is going to break their neck.

So to let a long story run its complete course - who is responsible for this? The council? Telstra? Western Power? I'm damned if I'm waiting in a phone queue for several hours. I've written huge DANGER warnings on the footpath but I like to consider myself a responsible citizen...
    www.sortbycorruptiondate.com

PMG is Post Master General (predecessor of Australia Post and Telstra).

Would assume it would be Telstra's responsibility.
    Maybe easier to contact your local council first and ask them to sort it out.

Comment

PMG is an old stamp that stands for Post Master General of something like that.

Reaaly, that means phone cables so would be Telstra. The council also has some responsibility if it is on the footpath.

I would ring th council and they should deal with contacting the right people.

Tell them an old lady tripped over it and they will sort it real fast.;-)
      To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid.

Originally posted by PSB Forum Software
      Sorry, no matter how much you try, you can not ignore yourself.

Comment

Post Master General, eh? That sounds a bit old-timey and strict.

I'll give the council a ring tomorrow.

Tanks.

Comment

You must live in an old area.... PMG was serperated into Telecom & Australia post in 1975.
          In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
          Its the little things that make the difference
          Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
          If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Aphex View Post
            You must live in an old area.... PMG was serperated into Telecom & Australia post in 1975.
            I live in historic Wilson.

The cover was very old and rusted. I think I saw some ancient pictographs on it. I expect some kind of Lovecraftian terror to call to me in my dreams tonight from the pit it conceals.

Comment

find an old bent up set of carbon fibre rims, then ring the council and tell them "look what your manhole dodgy PMS cover did to my spensive carbon fibre lift with your pinky finger rims"

Dubs - always thinking how to stick it to THA MAN! (not INTO tha man like desmo tho)

Comment

we used to think it stood for Public Mating Ground, and never stood on them

But yeah, what they said ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Dubs View Post
                  find an old bent up set of carbon fibre rims, then ring the council and tell them "look what your manhole dodgy PMS cover did to my spensive carbon fibre lift with your pinky finger rims"

Dubs - always thinking how to stick it to THA MAN! (not INTO tha man like desmo tho)
                  I could also gently smash out a tooth or two and get that root canal work I need care of the Shire of Canning.

Comment

The concrete has warped?
                    It is getting hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                      The concrete has warped?
                      It is getting hot.
                      It looks like they didn't cut a heat expansion channel into the footpath (although I'm sure they did). It has cracked and right where the hatch is lifted about half a foot. It looks like a bicycle jump in the middle of the footpath.

Comment

Originally posted by sarcasmatron View Post
                        I expect some kind of Lovecraftian terror to call to me in my dreams tonight from the pit it conceals.
                        Can we award a prize for the most literary statement ever posted on a motorbike forum?

How about another Stoner rep Ducati? Rooster?
                        The broken genius.

Comment

Comment

Is that the Bundy Bear ... on trips ?

Comment

I agree scampy, his skill at analogy is potitively Wodehousian
                              For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                              For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Working...
                              X