Micro Hifi System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro Hifi System

Ok.. I need a present for the missus and decided on a hifi system, probably a micro so it doesnt take up too much space. I also ordered an ipod nano to go with it so I was wondering whether anyone had any info or suggestions on a good system with good ipod integration? This can be in the form of a dock OR if need be some sort of AUX IN that I can use.

Saw this one: Yamaha MCR-E810G

Looks bloody sweet... BIT pricey, but if nothing else stands out then it may be an option. Plus i like Yamaha stuff. (Requires dock option +$150, but it also charges.. so acceptable to me.)

Let me know if you have any info.
    Originally posted by JuanGabrielle
    I snuffle some commanders, I boomerang and disport, I go to the despite. Susie Isaacs has a large collection of cheesier amoebas.

Isn't putting up with your mother in law punishment enough without having to buy a present as well

Comment

The present is for allowing me to kick her out after Christmas ;P

ha ha j/k ... no really ... its her birthday in a week or so ... BIG 3 0 ... Have to make a big deal out of it, yet not a BIG deal out of it, if you know what i mean ... (Hence why I am choosing a gift a whole week and a half ahead of time and not the day before )
      I snuffle some commanders, I boomerang and disport, I go to the despite. Susie Isaacs has a large collection of cheesier amoebas.

Comment

Impressive for Jellyfish standards. Check through some of the catalogues, a lot of places are having sales at the moment

Comment

Im too lazy to look, but im sure there must be somethin around that u can plug ur ipod into even if its using an USB interface, they been around for years now.

Yes im upstairs now dribbling crap cause i got in trouble for talking about bikes n cars infront of tv ...
          I love two strokes. Because they annoy the shit out of people. ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Stratos View Post
            Yes im upstairs now dribbling crap cause i got in trouble for talking about bikes n cars infront of tv ...
            Thanks for your input

Originally posted by taint View Post
            Impressive for Jellyfish standards. Check through some of the catalogues, a lot of places are having sales at the moment
            Yeah going to do the rounds tomorrow and see what I can see... Need a hair cut too ... KIT is sending me to Sydney for a course in a week or so! woo hoo .. First paid trip... probably the last too. (Minibar here i come)

Comment

When you say iPod integration, do you just want to be able to have the iPod play through the stereo? Or actually control the iPod through it?

If you just want it to play, you would just need the stereo to have an auxiliary channel and then a lead that goesfrom your 3.5mm jack into 2 x RCA plugs like this

They are pretty cheap, and will mean you can plug anything in.

Comment

Nah u wanna be able to have the fucker charge as well. It gave me the shits having to unplug the little bastard for an hour to charge it when the battery went flat!
                I love two strokes. Because they annoy the shit out of people. ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Bendito View Post
                  When you say iPod integration, do you just want to be able to have the iPod play through the stereo? Or actually control the iPod through it?
                  Yep, this is the preference. Quite a few little systems are coming with docks or USB ports ... just wondered if anyone had one or works with them.

I've used the RCA -> 3.5 Jack on my PC before (when I only had the 3.5 jack on the sound card) and it does work very well. This will be a last resort thing tho at this stage... ie. If I find a system thats great quality for sound, build, features, but doesn't cater to the ipod specifically.

Originally posted by Stratos View Post
                  Nah u wanna be able to have the fucker charge as well. It gave me the shits having to unplug the little bastard for an hour to charge it when the battery went flat!
                  If the area is well organised, then there shouldn't be a problem having it charging (in stock dock or cable) & hooked up to the stereo at the same time It all just needs to be within cable distance of each other...

Comment

Originally posted by Ambian View Post
                    If the area is well organised, then there shouldn't be a problem having it charging (in stock dock or cable) & hooked up to the stereo at the same time It all just needs to be within cable distance of each other...
                    Get a spare one of these or similar: Griffin Technology: PowerBlock to go with the Micro system?

Comment

Originally posted by mark_rattigan View Post
                      Get a spare one of these or similar: Griffin Technology: PowerBlock to go with the Micro system?
                      Very Noice ... thanks. Will have a look tomorrow at some systems... a built in dock will be more friendly for the missus, but who knows .. i might be able to get a better spec system without a dock, then hook up some accessories like the remote control, powerblock and some cables... Ghetto style ipod integration

Comment

Originally posted by Ambian View Post
                        Yeah going to do the rounds tomorrow and see what I can see... Need a hair cut too ... KIT is sending me to Sydney for a course in a week or so! woo hoo .. First paid trip... probably the last too. (Minibar here i come)
                        Nice Just remember to hit kings cross while you are there

Comment

Originally posted by taint View Post
                          Nice Just remember to hit kings cross while you are there
                          ha ha yeah ... hopefully they have mobile eftpos so I can get a receipt that just says 'Services' for the expense claim form Best claim ever, if I got away with it... instant dismissal if i didnt perhaps ha ha

Comment

Working...
                          X