Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A CROSS-DRESSING indigenous entertainer is WA's Australian of the Year for 2008.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A CROSS-DRESSING indigenous entertainer is WA's Australian of the Year for 2008.

Why Why Why??????????

Mary G is named WA's Australian of the Year | PerthNow

have we become such a useless bunch in this country that we dont just scrape the bottom of the barrel for aussie or the year, we have to dig down 10 feet under the barrel?
    National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

Makes a nice change from 'sporting heroes' winning all the time. Surely benny cousins was in there with a chance! He get ripped off I reckon
      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Mary G is actually very good.
        Whaddayowww!!!

Comment

May as well include that nut-job that cruises around 8th ave in Maylands too
          Find me on Instagram

Comment

Sounds like he's actually done a fair bit and dedicated a lot of his life to the community, good on him

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
              Why Why Why??????????
              If you read the article past the first line then perhaps you would have realised that this is EXACTLY the sort of person that should be winning the award... not overpaid sports 'stars' who are completely detached from their local communities.

Congrats.
              Originally posted by JuanGabrielle
              I snuffle some commanders, I boomerang and disport, I go to the despite. Susie Isaacs has a large collection of cheesier amoebas.

Comment

I used to watch the Mary G show when it was on TV, I thought it was entertaining & funny. Not hilarious funny, but something different on a Friday night at home. John Farnham is neither of these things, didn't he get Australian of the year (not just WA) once?

(side note: Interesting to learn Mary G is a 'he', I was never quite sure...)

I never knew Mary G did all this:
                Bin Bakar travels extensively throughout remote areas, talking to people about alcohol and drug abuse, health care, emotional well-being, respect for elders, domestic violence, and instilling a sense of pride back into the wider community.
                Now the topic has been raised, great chance for anyone out there to nominate someone from WA more worthy this year (apart from me, obviously, for my great achievements in the field of procrastination).
                https://parodieslost.blog/

Comment

Mark Bin Bakar (Mary G) W.A.'s Aussie of the year. About time! Some one with a sense of humour like most aussies and prepared to help others. Who else would we prefer?
                  They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Whadaya!
                    Have you won the game recently?? Post here

Comment

+1 for Mary G. About time someone who actually does something, as opposed to a pill popping footballer, gets the recognition they deserve. Well done.

D'Art

Comment

Because the rest of us a boring bunch of moaning shits??
                        222 Loctite doesn't taste too bad.

Comment

Who would of you prefered Rodney Rude?

Good pick IMO
                          Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

never heard of him.

will search out some of his stuff now.

Comment

Working...
                            X