Back from Army basic training!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from Army basic training!

Damn this place has changed a bit since I last logged on!

I've been away for 3 months at kapooka in NSW at basic training, and finally marched out of the shithole on friday! Damn it's a good feeling!
    Going to Bandiana on monday to join a holding platoon, waiting for my IET's to start next year. Though, word is that we may get sent home for christmas as early as 3rd of december untill jan, which after working 16 hours a day for the last 80 days straight sounds like heaven!

So for those of you that know me yes I did make it through in more or less one piece. Through not everyone in our platoon was so lucky, we lost 12 people out of about 54 along the way. half because they were pussies, half through injury.

Well, my poor bike has been sitting unridden for 3 months, so I'll hopefully get to catch up real soon with everyone for a ride, after I take her out of storage.

Cheers
    Ryder

Want one of us to warm it up for you?

Nice work though, you're a much harder man than I.

Comment

Meh, Air Force basic training nowadays doesnt even include the gas chamber... i was so pissed off that my brother went through and got off scot free - ah the memories... the choking, the itching... the burning.. good times, good times...

:p
      I do not mean to pry, but you don't, by any chance, happen to have six fingers on your right hand?

Comment

Nice to see you posting. Now get your arse onto MSN sometime and we can talk about it properly!
        "Look wise guy, I know I'm a racer, I can feel it in my code."

Comment

Originally posted by Vivendus View Post
          Meh, Air Force basic training nowadays doesnt even include the gas chamber... i was so pissed off that my brother went through and got off scot free - ah the memories... the choking, the itching... the burning.. good times, good times...

:p

Haha - airforce - they told us all about you guys!

Army-sleeps under the stars
          Navy-navigates by the stars
          Airforce-choses thier accomodation by the stars :p

Just jokes man

Seriously, army training has apparently changed a lot over the last few years. Though for some of the recruits here, it's a pity they aren't allowed to do 'box room counseling' anymore!

Still, heaps of people lost a lot of weight here though, and there are quite a few injuries. It's not as hard as it used to be, but it still aint easy...

Comment

did you meet kfc kelly?

Comment

I went through in 88 .......scary that i'm that old now ! I hear it's changed heaps but it's still a good effort to get through it , well done Ryder.

posted to Bandiana ??? what Corp are you going to ??? isn't that where Band Corp are ??

Comment

Congrats Ryder, good to hear you made it through more or less intact.
                In Kazakhstan if you want sugar in your coffee you ask for Kunt

Comment

Hi!! Godd to hear you survived. Any idea what ECN you are doing?? Trade/etc??
                  222 Loctite doesn't taste too bad.

Comment

So the frontal labotomy didn't hurt too much? Someone somewhere said grunt traingin was down to six weeks but that might be reserves used to be closer to 12. One thing the army does is ceritanly inflict a lot of sporting type injuries on people actuallyt he military in gerneral.

Dunno I was in the airforce for a while but we always went to great lengths to explain that we shouldn't be confused with the australian military this pissed off the army and navy types that took themselves seriously no end.
                    Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Congrats on getting through it mate - My brother is in the reserves, based at Karakatta, although he is headed to the Solomon Islands for some peacekeeping at the moment. I probably would have been in the airforce personally, although my completely deaf right ear kinda stopped that dream. I will be content with being a drafty and working towards my engineering degree.

BTW my brother has done the gas chamber training - I think it is part of pre-deployment training.

Comment

Originally posted by Nero Diablo View Post
                        So the frontal labotomy didn't hurt too much? Someone somewhere said grunt traingin was down to six weeks but that might be reserves used to be closer to 12.
                        Nah Grunt training comes after your basic training, he's finished his basic training and he will now go and do his initial Employment training, and if he's gone to Bandiana then he's not going to be a grunt.

Comment

Congratulations Brother!

Great to hear it, you have passed this bit .. I'd be curious to find out what ECN you are.

Im an 035 Operator Movements ... Keep your head up, do your best and you should enjoy it. Im loving the life right now. She's not always been easy but saying that, im on my third deployment in three years so ... You've got alot to look forward to.

Aussie Army and defence have never had it better ... good equip and good deployments ...

Watch your pay slips cuz the civie pay ppl screw everything up ... and when your around ..

Apart from that ... welcome to the brotherhood and make the most of it.

If you have any questions ... plenty of ppl on the forum have been there done that .. just ask or msg me

Talk to you later dude!

Gustav.

Comment

Originally posted by Gustav View Post
                            Congratulations Brother!

Aussie Army and defence have never had it better ... good equip and good deployments ...

Gustav.
                            Enjoy it while your there as there aint gonna be many more with Kev around...

Jarrod

(guess I will just have to be happy with a paramatta and Manly medal) lol
                            Handled by one.... Feared by all

Comment

Thanks, Just got back home an hour ago! My GF thinks i'm coming home next sat, so i'm sitting at home right now, waiting to see if I can scare the pants off her when she walks through the door haha!

I'm going through as a fitter armament, it's an 18 month course at latchford barracks. Just in a holding platoon atm, my course doesn't start untill 29th jan. So guess which lucky b*stard gets 2 months paid holiday?!?!

Damn it's good to be home. Will def keep my eyes open, and catch up with you guys on a ride soon! My poor bike hasn't been ridden in 3 months, so I may have to blow the dust off her first though.

Cheers guys,
                              Ryder

P.S. Yes, I did meet KFC kelly... *stabs self in eyes*
                              Whats worse is one of the guys from our platoon apparently ****ed her on our second local leave! Pretty keen hey?

Comment

Working...
                              X