Two Irish backpackers die in car crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Irish backpackers die in car crash

I read the Echo, WA Irish Paper, sometimes (mum's Irish), and I was saddened to see two backpackers died this week.

In That car crash on the freeway off ramp. Apparently they were in a packed hatchback (7 ppl!) and the driver lost control, car flipped. The young man, Colm, in the passanger seat, died at the scene, the young lady (who lost many friends in an Irish bus smash a few years ago) died later in hospital.

Tragic to loss your children on the other side of the world. My thoughts are with their families and friends.

Irish tourist killed in Perth road crash - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
    222 Loctite doesn't taste too bad.

Sad, but wheelies in a packed car are just a silly idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca View Post
      I read the Echo, WA Irish Paper, sometimes (mum's Irish), and I was saddened to see two backpackers died this week.

In That car crash on the freeway off ramp.
      I'm not sure that the crash in that article was anywhere near a freeway.
      The photograph appears to be Beaufort Street, in Bedford.

Comment

Hm, wil read again, Im sure it said clipped ramp or something?

Comment

It would have clipped the traffic island you can see in the pic.

I've driven past the accident site quite a few times, and still struggle to comprehend how the car managed to get where it did, even at 100kph (road is 60kph), with a competent driver at the wheel.

Comment

Tragic.

**Obligatory arsehole thought**

Reading the title to this thread, did anybody else hear it in their heads as a "Two Irishmen walk into a bar..." joke?

What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

Comment

Another tourist involved in Perth crash dies - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

This article says Broun Avenue, Bedford.

Comment

Cheers, for some reason after reading the article in the paper (different to the above one) I thought it was a freeway on ramp.

Comment

Either way tragic, RIP.

Comment

I believe the accident occurred at least 2 weeks ago now . . .
                    you eat ships
                    you taste wrong
                    you isolate and desolate
                    you are not home to man;
                    yours is the
                    subtlest beauty.

Comment

The accident would have been about 4 weeks ago now and on the bend between Chisolm college and the lights for Coode st/ Broon Ave

Comment

Working...
                      X