I Have scooter licence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Have scooter licence

i passed my test this morning so i'll be putting around the kalamunda area so if you see a tool on a blue scooter nod at you thats me.
    She's not hot enough to be a cougar...

Grats!

Comment

Hey mate,

just a quick question;

Do you mean that you are under 17 and you got an R-N license that allows you to ride a 50cc scoot? Or do you mean you did the R-E license on a scooter and hence are restricted to an auto bike up to 250cc?

either way, congrats.

Comment

grats make sure you keep your phone securely in your bra

Comment

Under 17 i think from one of the other posts.

Comment

You should be able to ride your CBR125 now on ur scooter license. You are the madman who bought the CBR125 right?
            I love two strokes. Because they annoy the shit out of people. ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by shane1 View Post
              Under 17 i think from one of the other posts.
              ah I see.

But that doesnt explain the CBR125 - I was of the impression that those bikes were manual, which wouldnt qualify for the R-N license.

Comment

The description for R-N says "A motorcycle that has a propelling engine having a piston displacement not exceeding 50 cc and which is designed so as to be capable of a speed not exceeding 60 kilometres per hour."

Doesn't mention auto gearbox - only capacity/speed.

Comment

Originally posted by mark_rattigan View Post
                  The description for R-N says "A motorcycle that has a propelling engine having a piston displacement not exceeding 50 cc and which is designed so as to be capable of a speed not exceeding 60 kilometres per hour."

Doesn't mention auto gearbox - only capacity/speed.
                  I dont believe thats the case.

Granted, the section you are looking at may well not have a clause stating the scoot needs to be auto, but the legislation 'schedule' it describes an R-N license as being for a "moped" which has always been an automatic bike with a capacity of less than 50cc, with or without pedals.

Comment

Originally posted by shmoo View Post
                    ah I see.

But that doesnt explain the CBR125 - I was of the impression that those bikes were manual, which wouldnt qualify for the R-N license.
                    Cbr 125 maybe owns one as well?

Comment

I dont believe thats the case.

Granted, the section you are looking at may well not have a clause stating the scoot needs to be auto, but the legislation 'schedule' it describes an R-N license as being for a "moped" which has always been an automatic bike with a capacity of less than 50cc, with or without pedals.
                      My above quote from: What vehicles are you licensed to drive?

The schedule of the Road Traffic (Drivers Licences) Regulations 1975 does state 'moped', with the Interpretation of that Regulation stating:
                      WA Legislation:- A to Z Browse
                      moped~ means a motor cycle that

(a) has a propelling engine with an engine capacity not exceeding 50 ml; and

(b) is designed so as not to be capable of a speed exceeding 60 km/h,

whether or not it is also capable of being propelled by pedalling, except that it does not include a power assisted pedal cycle; "
                      Still no mention of automatic transmission.
                      Last edited by mark_r; 26-11-2007, 02:08 PM.

Comment

he may be being funny and referring to the cbr125 as a blue scooter in which case we have the lastest RE licence holder possibly attending tuesdays newbie ride?
                        In Kazakhstan if you want sugar in your coffee you ask for Kunt

Comment

Scooter licence? Im not sure whether to congratulate you or offer my condolences.
                          In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
                          Its the little things that make the difference
                          Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
                          If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Mark - the R-N license only applies to 50cc or less, so in any event the CBR125 couldnt be ridden.

But you are right, the Road Traffic (Drivers Licences) Regulations 1975 defines "moped" differently to the Australian Design Rules. The Act is worded as you said, no mention of auto gearbox. The ADR's, I believe do specify auto gearbox on mopeds.

So there you go, you were absolutely correct. I guess in reality though you would struggle to find a manual bike of less than 50cc these days.

edit - hahaha I see you just found the same section

Comment

Mark - the R-N license only applies to 50cc or less, so in any event the CBR125 couldnt be ridden.
                              Yeah, I know.. it was a moot point

Comment

Working...
                              X