Work Christmas parties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work Christmas parties

Our work is having a Christmas party, and we are allowed to bring partners, woot!
    Now the thing is, it's $45 each, and thats just for a seat and food, piss is extra. So it'll be a $200 night easy.
    Now I think this is damn rude, isn't a Christmas party to thank employees?
    What do you guys reckon?

Ours are free, partners included. even got a gift at the last one.

Sorry just rubbing it in.
    My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
    Motorcycle Panel & Paint
    Q-Zar Fremantle
    Rated-R Parts
    PerthStreetBikes.com and it's generous members
    Carlisle Printing - Deals for PSB members
    CIC - Competition & Industrial Coatings
    Carpet Liquidators - Midland

Comment

Fuck, $45? Are you going somewhere mighty fancy?

Ours is $20 at a bowling club, and we get food and a pint/glass of wine or whatev. Not to mention discounts on drinks.

Comment

I am paying for ours out of company money, thats the way it should be.

To expect the staff to pay is just rude, i little food + drinks goes a long way to productivity.

If you are feeling unloved come to mine on sat for free

Comment

I reckon I would not be going

Comment

WAIT? you have to PAY to go to your WORK xmas party????

damn. that's whack.

Comment

Seriously fucking rude. Ive never had to pay to attend an xmas party. In certain cases it may be acceptable to pay for a partner but to have to pay for the lot? Thats fucking bullshit. Your boss is tighter than a fishes arse.
              In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
              Its the little things that make the difference
              Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
              If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Damn Straight Jim

My boss pays for everything, dinner, drinks,pressies aswell as cabs home for everyone..

Want a new job???

Comment

yep boss pays for everything

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                    Our work is having a Christmas party, and we are allowed to bring partners, woot!
                    Now the thing is, it's $45 each, and thats just for a seat and food, piss is extra. So it'll be a $200 night easy.
                    Now I think this is damn rude, isn't a Christmas party to thank employees?
                    What do you guys reckon?
                    Suggest to boss he prints out invitation, wrap invitation around large piece of blue metal and insert both where the sun don't shine. That's crap!!

Comment

Don't go then. Simple.

My work generally pays for everything. Another employer paid for us but partners had to cough up. For many the xmas do is paid for out of a social fund to which you contribute $10 or $20 a week for stuff like this.

Mate - for $200 I'd be saying "yeah thanks for the invite, but I can't make it" and take the missus out for your own christmas dinner.
                      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by Brougham View Post
                        WAIT? you have to PAY to go to your WORK xmas party????

damn. that's whack.
                        +1 (except with less black slang)

But I'm missing mine this year, so I can't really rub it in. No drunken teenage secretary for Tim
                        FTP

Comment

Every christmas party I have been to is free. It depends on the size of the buisiness, when I worked at a largish company, we were taken to a surf club, and all the food, soft drinks, wine and beer was free (as much as you could drink). They even hired a bus so we could get to and from work easily, not to mention a sumo wrestling or podium fighting novelty game so we could take the year's frustrations out on eachother. Oh and door prizes, dvd players, luggage, wine, etc.

As for the current company (relatively small <30 ppl), we have the party on the premises - we get free food, free drinks (reasonable supply, not enough to get plastered, but enough to be merry) and use of company water pistols (yes, we have full on waterfights outside the building). We also get presents - last year was a sports bag with some chockies and a bottle of wine.

In the end, no matter what the size of the company, you should be given a christmas party, held during work hours and it should be free! Making you pay for it is plain rude!

Comment

My work is making a $10pp contribution to the $35pp dinner they've organised. But I work for a charity.

Comment

Drunken teen secretaries FTW

Suggested letter:

Dear Ed,

Stick your christmas party up ya bum.

Love Jim.
                              In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
                              Its the little things that make the difference
                              Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
                              If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X