Heading To gerro, Indian Ocean Drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading To gerro, Indian Ocean Drive?

Hey guys, The missus and I are planning on driving up to gerro from perth on boxing day and after looking at the maps I can see that realy the only two viable options are, strait onto the brand hwy all the way to gerro, or brand to jurien road then up the indian ocean drive of a bit the back on brand hwy for the last leg. We are intersted in getting the trip done quickly but dont mind an extra half an hour if we have something decent to look at, ie ocean. My question are, what is the speed limit along indian ocean drive, expected traffic? and road conditions?

Just stick with the Brand mate, unless you have time or reason to stop at Cervantes, Jurien etc. There's stuff-all to see except a bit of ocean along the last stretch.
    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Expect to add alot more than half an hour to your trip.

Next to no traffic. 110km/h speed limit with very long straight streches and fantastic visibility Road was a little better than average last time i did it.
      In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
      Its the little things that make the difference
      Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
      If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Yep agree. The Highway generally well policed too.
        "Yesterday was never the future. One cannot live backwards", she told him

Comment

You could always go inland and look at a different piece of fuck all.
          You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

it's like a roadrunner cartoon with the same background over and over and over and over.

But stop for a picnic at Reagan's Fjord. We used to stop there every time we went to Gero (which was every couple of months or so)
            Originally posted by vk6hgr
            My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

Yeah cops galore, make sure you watch your speed or turn your radar detector/jammer on high...

Comment

left on to Brand is only way to go. The other route is called the Midlands Route and is boring as fuck.

turn left on to Brand, follow to end and turn left again. That's Dongara with Gerro a lil further up (about 40 minutes).

i'm heading there for a cray diving fest in 2 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Pricey View Post
                  Yeah cops galore, make sure you watch your speed or turn your radar detector/jammer on high...

I'll have an a organic speed monitor sitting right next to me

Comment

Put blinkers on it.
                    In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
                    Its the little things that make the difference
                    Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
                    If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Working...
                    X