10-year ban for popping a wheelie in Miami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-year ban for popping a wheelie in Miami

"South Florida has a motorcycle problem, and lawmakers are introducing legislation to show bikers that they'll go a long way to punish those who break the rules. Stunt riding (including wheelies), excessive speeding, and concealable license plates will get you a 10 year ban on your motorcycle license, mandatory jail time, and an impounded bike. If the punishment sounds like the medieval practice of cutting off the hand of a man for stealing, that's exactly how State Representative Carlos Lopez-Cantera wants it.

Lopez-Cantera witnessed firsthand a variety of incidents during which reckless behavior was on display, including bikers flying down the highway at 120 mph, high speed wheelies, and more. Police officers can't even run plates since bikers will often flip them up to avoid detection, and it's very difficult to catch a motorcycle on the open road with a squad car. We like motorcycles, even though our focus is on cars, and it's disappointing to see that things have apparently gotten so out of hand in South Florida that draconian enforcement policies are being seriously discussed."

Source: 10-year ban for popping a wheelie in Miami - Autoblog

Originally posted by TORQ View Post
    We like motorcycle
    When they aren't on the road...

Comment

be careful, as the 51st state of America we will be next

Comment

hehehe 10yrs.

Comment

Haha, they just admitted that they can't catch the bikes, can't even get the plates. Gaol, impound and 10 year suspension is almost worth a shoot-out with the police if you did happen to stop or hit a round-about.
          This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

Can't catch them, can't book them.

Comment

FUCK, I COULD GET TEN YEARS FOR THIS, AND I JUST SAW A SQUAD CAR HANG A U TURN.

I better pull over.

Comment

Run forrest run!

Seriously Bunyack and Falcore and numerous other members of PSB better never visit South Florida and hire a bike now
                In Kazakhstan if you want sugar in your coffee you ask for Kunt

Comment

be interesting to know how many innocent people are being hurt or killed by the wheelies... probably less than the number than will be hurt or killed in high speed chases now...
                  Originally posted by Friedrich Hayek
                  "The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

Comment

Actually it doesnt really suprise me that the US is going down this path, isnt it Miami or Vegas that if your caught street racing your car is seized and crushed, think on a first offense even? Be interesting to see if theres and stats on whether the number of people attempting to out run the cops has increased.
                    In Kazakhstan if you want sugar in your coffee you ask for Kunt

Comment

it says that the legislation is being CONSIDERED! no where does it say that it was passed. it will NOT pass. i can guarantee that. its too ridiculous and near-sighted to ever get the votes to pass.
                      Last edited by Suzukiphile; 29-11-2007, 11:39 AM.

Comment

one can only hope

Comment

How ridicolous. If I was caught speeding and faced a 10 year ban plus jail times (Dont forget the 3 strikes rule as well, so life isn't far away) I would consider just shooting the cop in the head instead.
                          You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Run for it, maybe. That said, they have a lot more police helicopters in the states, and I don't think even a turbo R1/'Busa/ZX-14 is getting away from one of them. But I can't say I'd ever find it to be worth shooting someone who was doing their job when I knew I was in the wrong/the potential penalties...

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukiphile View Post
                              its too ridiculous and near-sighted to ever get the votes to pass.
                              You don't pay much attention to US politics do you.

edit: Things like this pass because someone is handing out blowjobs under the table, or because a bigot is in power

Comment

Working...
                              X