I am quitting today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am quitting today!

After 20 years in the IT industry, I am giving my notice this arvo. Will see out 2007 at my current workplace, and then...wing it. I'm thinking I'll go back to school - may study Viticulture.

Must admit that I am just this side of terrified, but can't wait to get on with it.

Just thought I'd share. Wish me luck.
    "It's just a motorcyle race" - Mick Doohan, post-race press conference, Phillip Island.

Good for you!

A change is always good.
    If you can... you MUST!

Comment

Gluck... I tried a career change after 10 yrs then decided I wasnt ready. Best of luck with what ever you decide to do
      In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
      Its the little things that make the difference
      Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
      If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Must be an IT thing, I am sick of them trying to keep the wages down. They complain that there is no one to do the job but won't offer much more than a phone monkey wage for coders.

Good luck with the career change, I am sure you won't miss the computers
        Last edited by taint; 29-11-2007, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Congratulations

Viticulture sweet, you will be too pissed to be terrified!
          Imagine the study sessions!

(I know, there is more to it than making wine)

Comment

Good luck, and good on you for having the balls to walk away and start again.
            "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Wow, good luck. A friend of mine studied viticulture, he loves it.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
                Good luck, and good on you for having the balls to walk away and start again.
                Thanks for the support. A really big part is having a supportive partner. She's been pushing me to do it for a while, even though it will mean a really big change to the way we live. Selfless.
                "It's just a motorcyle race" - Mick Doohan, post-race press conference, Phillip Island.

Comment

I have had one or two changes of direction in my life, and I can recommend it. It can rejuvenate your soul.

At some point you realise that you may be earning good money doing what you are doing now, but if you aren't happy doing it, what is the point?

I wish you the best of luck with your new venture and look forward to hearing how it goes.
                  Adventure before Dementia

Comment

I reckon its a really great thing to do. Good luck..and Im sure you wont regret it. The great thing about your IT background is...your always going to be employable.

Well done on realising there is more to life. Enjoy it.
                    Originally posted by Red_is_Best
                    hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Good on you

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed in the things you did not do than the ones you did."- Mark Twain
                      Turn off the tap when you brush your teeth!!
                      Turning the taps off when you brush your teeth, can save up to 5 liters a minute!

Comment

Good on you for going

I have a career change every 3 months cos I am unhappy
                        then they throw shitloads of dosh at me

I buy more toys and am happy again..... :-)
                        Real Men Ride Nakid
                        http://www.streetfighters.com.au

Comment

I did it! Handed my notice in. Boss was really gracious, and has offered me part time - 4 days a week. I am gonna go back to him with 3 days a week, on contract until I start study. Take it or leave it.

Bit of an anti climax really. Not sure how I am feeling just yet.

Comment

Congratulations mate. Wish I had your spine.
                            such comment
                            wow
                            many post

Comment

Well done mate. I've done that as well (hence Dec - Feb off). My boss didn't like it but....

Not really sure what to do yet as I really love IT, but can't work here anymore.

Anyhow, good luck with it all.

D'Art

Comment

Working...
                              X