Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best place for a steak?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best place for a steak?

    I'm back in town on Tuesday night next week, going to go hit up a steak some place with some old friends, but have no idea where the decent steak houses are.

    If you had one day left to live and wanted to eat steak in Perth, where would you go?
    such comment
    wow
    many post


  • #2
    Hogs Breath.
    In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
    Its the little things that make the difference
    Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
    If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

    Comment


    • #3
      You are probably going to find this funny coming from a vegetarian, but I am assured that Hippo Creek in Scarborough is THE place to go for carnivores.

      There are threads on here about a group outing to Hippo Creek if you search.

      Never been there myself but I am told it is superb.
      Adventure before Dementia

      Comment


      • #4
        HTF did i possibly forget about that. Forget my first post. Morgs is 110% correct. Fucking A++++++++++++++ would eat there again and again and again.
        In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
        Its the little things that make the difference
        Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
        If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

        Comment


        • #5
          Absolutely - Hippo Creek is truly awesome for the meat.
          "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

          Comment


          • #6
            Check with Desmo. He loves the meat.

            Comment


            • #7
              OH YEAH - Hippo Creek FTW!

              1kg T-bone or 1kg rump, a photo on the wall if you finish it!

              My favourite is the 500g skewer, comes on a cool a-frame tripod and you carve it off the skewer like making a kebab. sooo flavoursome too.

              Comment


              • #8
                Brass Monkey nbridge

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Brougham View Post
                  OH YEAH - Hippo Creek FTW!

                  1kg T-bone or 1kg rump, a photo on the wall if you finish it!

                  My favourite is the 500g skewer, comes on a cool a-frame tripod and you carve it off the skewer like making a kebab. sooo flavoursome too.
                  Ah yes, the "Hunter's Assegai"

                  Don't forget the packet of butter (poss with garlic) that sits at the top, drizzling down the meat and into the chips underneath.

                  Oh God, that was good.
                  "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    yes. yes it was.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hippo's not bad, good balance, more quantity over quality I think though.

                      I wouldn't say you'd be disappointed though.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Morgs View Post
                        You are probably going to find this funny coming from a vegetarian, but I am assured that Hippo Creek in Scarborough is THE place to go for carnivores.

                        There are threads on here about a group outing to Hippo Creek if you search.

                        Never been there myself but I am told it is superb.

                        book NOW tho!! they aren't open Sunday and Mondays, and you usually need a week or so to get a table mid week, or a few weeks notice for a Fri/Sat night.

                        We were their on Sat night and it was brilliant.

                        Oh and they are in the Entertainmen Guide if you remember to take your Gold Card.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          yeh i was going to add that you would have to book WELL in advance for Hippo's

                          It's a bit hard to get a seat, but Chateux Le Dubs does a fantastic 500gm rump, lightly salted with the sauce 'o' your choice...


                          Dubs

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Undead View Post
                            book NOW tho!! they aren't open Sunday and Mondays, and you usually need a week or so to get a table mid week, or a few weeks notice for a Fri/Sat night.
                            I'm probably screwed then. They're closed now until Tuesday afternoon.
                            such comment
                            wow
                            many post

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Dubs View Post
                              yeh i was going to add that Dubs has a fantastic 500gm rump, lightly salted with the sauce 'o' your choice...
                              Your rump aint 500gm, but nice try! Free bump.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X