Subaru - Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subaru - Opinions

What do you guys honestly think of Subaru ?
    I am looking at a different vehicle in the next 2 years as there are some major things to be done to my car in that time, also running costs of even this small 4B are silly considering i am now over 4WD'ing due to all breakages.

I am looking at the Subaru Liberty and Outback and want a wagon so i can fit my portable beer fridge in it cause i really like the fridge .
    Anyway, my only concern is that there are no wagons that come with manual transmission. I really want a manual because i dislike autos.

What are your thoughts on Subaru as a manufacturer and has anyone had experiences with the liberty wagon and outback?

Cheers

Ben

The Forester comes in manual?

Not had an issue with mine yet but its reasonably newish, Nice to putter around in and tows well.
    Turfierific!

Comment

Have an Impreza, love it. It even has a dual-range gearbox, for when you want to take your beer fridge off the sealed roads.

We were looking at an Outback, but couldn't stretch the budget that far.

Talk to bibendum (Jason), he works at Melville Subaru. Drop our names, we might even get a spotters fee
      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

MuNches... maaaaaaaaaate.... dooo EEEEET.... ive owned 5 scoobies including the MY06 I have now and will NEVER buy from another manufacturer unless my lotto numbers come up.

As for 4x4 atributes, forget the liberty. Long over hangs and ground clearance are issues. The outback has the ground clearance but still has overhang problems. Alot of the guys in the scoobie 4x4 club have jacked em up even higher and replaced the front bumper with full replacement bullbars etc. And FTR they do come in a dual range manual 5 speed.

The forester is still the pick of the scoobie 4x4 bunch though. Ive got through places that LC/Patrol owners refuse to beleive even after seeing it. Nothing goes wrong with em at all. Ive only ever had very minor issues. Comfy as buggery and a suprising amount of room. All have rear 12v outlets for your fridge etc.

Have a closer look at mine if you like.

Also if you're after an unbeatable deal on a scooby lemme know. Ive got a good mate in the know.
        In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
        Its the little things that make the difference
        Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
        If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

We got a Liberty Ben, love it
          no faults with the car cept the weird belt slip noise which subaru themselves cant figure out or dont want to. Our only gripe was with the after service of the car after we bought it. Haven't been impressed

Comment

You purchased from osi park didnt you.
            In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
            Its the little things that make the difference
            Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
            If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Wife owns a MY04 XT Forester and loves it. Turbo charged is the only way to go. We bought it with all of the SubaExtreme bullbar and upgraded sump guard. Great car, 3 12V sockets and lots of places to store stuff.

Can modify a WRX exhaust to fit as well which helps performance and ridiculously quite engine note. Early XT's did have cats in the up-pipe which is worth changing out if you buy one second hand. Only drama I have seen with the 2.5 is that it uses a little oil compared to the old 2L. Other than that I have no problem with the vehicle.

Services are also a little on the expensive side, especially the 100K service.

Comment

I've got an MY05 Liberty, great car. Never missed a beat. Probably looking at changing over to an MY08 Forester. The new ones come out mid first quarter next year, or so says the dealership.

Services are a little on the steep side, as reddog said.

But, in terms of price, build quality, reliability, durability, safety equipment, performance... There's not much that can compete.

Comment

I'm a big fan of the Forresters, would have liked one if we hadn't found the Mondeo instead.

Like anything, go drive a few and see what you think.
                  such comment
                  wow
                  many post

Comment

I've now had two WRXs, an 01 and my current 04 STI, which is up for sale if anyone is interested. Both have been reliable and have not put a foot wrong even when used in club level motorsport. I'm a member of the WRX Owners Club and have seen heaps used on teh track during driver training days and have proved very reliable. If yu do end up getting a turbo Forrie you may want to consider joining the club. Impreza WRX Owners Club of Western Australia (Perth) - Featuring Motorsport, Driver Training, Cruise, Social activities, Forum and Trading Post for WRX enthusiasts..

Cheers

Danman

Comment

good resale value as well.
                      had one for a week as a courtesy car and started to like driving again, made up for the self cantered driving that gives me the shits
                      Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Comment

i work on a range of cars on a daily basis, and if i was in the market for a late model jap car, well, i'd be hard pressed to find a better make.
                        they are a very well put together car, finnished off very well with a high standard of workmanship.
                        from my point of view the paint they put on them is better than most, they actually put enough on them so its got a real coat of colour, not like the toyota's, mitsubishi's and hyundis.

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Parents have a MY02 Liberty 2.5lt auto, really really nice Car, never caused any dramas. Handles on rails and the awd system is a hoot. Big for subarus from me.

Comment

Top cars.

They're decent inside, handle pretty well, if you like the sound, you like the sound, and they have awesome resale - something like 60% plus over 5 years or something from memory which is amongst the best...

A mate had a liberty, 2 wheel drive model. He bought it with high kays, it had well over 300,000 last i heard about it and all it's had is oil and filters since he's had it - timing belt was done before he got it i think.

The motor is still tight, does front wheel drive burnouts like a champ (hint: he didn't keep it padded in cotton wool either)
                            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

close family have owned 4x foresters and an impreza. no complaints about all of em.

Comment

Working...
                              X