new speed camera signs !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new speed camera signs !

wandering up marmion ave today on the way home.
    round a corner and there's this sign..... a blue un with blue checkers around the edge.

are you speeding?

me thinks, dunno, look down look up, ach, a camera !!!!

the sign after says......

anytime anyware !

must be the christmas holiday humour from the revenue collectors

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

they have been around for a few months

Comment

must be behind the times on marmion then

dianella 93703770

Comment

Is that pair of signs a suggestion?

Encouragement?

“Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Do they put 2 signs out? 1 in front and 1 after

Comment

You didn't see this on the LNR last week?
            "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
              You didn't see this on the LNR last week?
              missed that bit , i err, took a shortcut

yes, one in front and one behind ^_^

dianella 93703770

Comment

Yeah apparently a "Warning Sign" (Read - Hey we're not wankers there was a sign infront of the camera, its just that by the time you saw it behind those bushes you were in range of the camera.) And to make it even better theyre only putting them infront of about 50% of the cameras.

I am in the firm belief that they have done some research that points to the front signs being a distraction that takes your attention off the actual camera.

(Runs off to find tinfoil helmet)
                Turfierific!

Comment

Sound threatening, dorro wants to take you around the back of the canteen after school, your gggggoooooonnnnnnaaaaaageeeeeetetttttssmmmmmaaaass ssshhhhhedd

Comment

humour from a bored govt bureaucrat....I reckon .....
                    funny as long as someone else is reading it !!!!!
                    Life's short, stay close to the things that make you happy!!

Comment

I think it is a "courtesy" I got stung in the cage for a couple of k's over with no sign out in front, just the thank you for your contribution sign after.
                      There are only three sports: mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing.
                      All the rest are merely games."
                      Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by Turfie View Post
                        Yeah apparently a "Warning Sign" (Read - Hey we're not wankers there was a sign in front of the camera, its just that by the time you saw it behind those bushes you were in range of the camera.) And to make it even better they're only putting them in front of about 50% of the cameras.

I am in the firm belief that they have done some research that points to the front signs being a distraction that takes your attention off the actual camera.

(Runs off to find tinfoil helmet)
                        Yeah it gives the truck drivers advance warning of when to start drifting off the side of the road
                        #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                        Originally posted by Phildo
                        Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                        Originally posted by filbert
                        i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                        Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Saw one of these the other day... Looked down and thought "yep, sure am" then I see that bloody camera!

Comment

Working...
                          X