Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your cat does what in the dark?

Scientists create glow-in-the-dark cats | Tech news blog - CNET News.com

This may be the fluffiest, freakiest thing since Alba, the green fluorescent bunny from artist Eduardo Kac.
    South Korean scientists tinkering with fluorescence protein genes say they have bred white Turkish Angora cats to glow red under ultraviolet light.
    The pair of cats cloned from a mother's altered skin cell are nearly a year old. The researchers told the AFP that their work could help unravel mysteries of some 250 genetic diseases suffered by both humans and cats. The findings also could be used to clone endangered tigers, leopards, and other animals, the report said.
    However, it's unlikely that such psychedelic-looking cats would come to pet stores anytime soon. Debates about the ethics and safety of concocting cloned and transgenic animals continue to rage.
    Genetic Savings & Clone, which charged between $32,000 to $50,000 for cloning cats, shut shop last year. But Spot's or Mittens' genes can be banked in a cryogenic chamber for $1,500, and hypoallergenic kittens cost between $6,000 and $28,000.

In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
    Its the little things that make the difference
    Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
    If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

now they've gone n done it.

I for one, welcome our new glowing kitty overlords.

Comment

so all we need to do to prevent genetic diseases is make ourselves glow.....
      Originally posted by kyliejane
      benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
      Originally posted by harns
      Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

Do you really need a glowing pussy though ? I mean, what ... can't find it in the dark ?

Comment

I want that green kitty. Although its a bit strange to have ultraviolet lights setup around the house.

Candy raver kitty. (need an animation for that one)

Comment

Imagine being on reeeeeeally good acid and having that red fuckin thing walk up and jump in your lap.

bad trip time!

Comment

Please demonstrate and post vid Davey, Thx.

Comment

Yes Davey... please do. I wish to first guage the effects prior to partaking in such an experiment.
                In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
                Its the little things that make the difference
                Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
                If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

How can a hypoallergenic kitten's price vary $22,000?
                  This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

All the optional extras add up.

Like breathing, number of heads, etc, etc...
                    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Jeez, I'd want to have it insured.
                      This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

I wants a red glow in the dark cat now
                        In Kazakhstan if you want sugar in your coffee you ask for Kunt

Comment

http://media.smh.com.au/?rid=33972

whatever next? As long as they don't genetically engineer a fearless giant glow in dark spider! I don't think I could stand it.
                          Originally posted by Abuse this
                          Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

red cat FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
                              Imagine being on reeeeeeally good acid and having that red fuckin thing walk up and jump in your lap.

bad trip time!
                              I lol'd at that

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
                              All the optional extras add up.

Like breathing, number of heads, etc, etc...
                              Two faces!!

Originally posted by foolishboy View Post
                              I wants a red glow in the dark cat meow
                              fixed.
                              Originally posted by vk6hgr
                              My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

Working...
                              X