Lane Splitting and you a story with a bit of a rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lane Splitting and you a story with a bit of a rant

The post below contains rude words .... if your easily offended ... please dont read it ... or if you do ... please dont complain as you have been warned.

So ... normally Im a pretty relaxed person .. but this is the third time Ive run into tools doing the same thing so I wanna have a rant.

I was riding home the other day, just cruising, Id lane split where appropriate and was just generally was having a nice ride home after a stressful day at the office.

I looked in my mirrors and note a bike coming up behind me ... so I think fair enough ... and I continue on my way.

Anyway this other bike tucks himself right in behind me .. now .. Im talking hes almost rubbin tyres with me ... and Im thinking ok so your a tool.

Having already had one rearend accident I dont like people riding behind me .

So Im riding along and hes making a complete fuck wit of himself .. speed up slow down, tail gate and generally annoying me.

SO I find a nice clear stretch get a lead and move over so he can roar past me ... which in typical fuck wit fashion .. he does.

But heres where he really started to annoy me ... as soon as the traffic builds up he starts to lane split ... at about 2 ks an hour ... wobbling and weaving all over the place.

So here I am Ive been harrassed so Ive moved over only to have to the king of the squids who obviously only rides when the sun comes out prove hes a complete twat.

Anyway .. so I pull up behind him at the lights .. and as the lights go green ... he does the worlds slowest take off .. followed by hitting the brakes cause now Im behind him.

Twat.

Anyway the moral of the story is ... if your cruising home and your a squid .. and you come across a red R1 thats happily just cruising ... stay the fuck away from it ... cause next time Im going to kick you off your fucking bike.

Have a nice day.

H
    Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Typical eh. I see this on my freeway commute but not that often. Usually its a "cruiser" style bike. They don't like to lanesplit that fast...

Oh and scooters

Comment

Should have provided some on the spot re-education about etiquette, No one needs that shit after a long day
      Turfierific!

Comment

N'aw come here you! 'sorrite, I'm here.

Refreshing though, to see an R1 rider having a go at someone else for the way they ride / act.

(draws circles on cute bald head with finger)

Comment

Just a bit of respect amongst fellow riders would be nice ... If I know Im going to go slower than you Ill move over no problems ..... some days Im just not in the mood to get there fast ... but to tail gate someone .... only to slam on the brakes as soon as they get behind you is crap.
          Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Had a very similar thing with a dude on a busa in shorts the other day.. Wouldn't let me past till practically my exit, went around him, kept splitting as he disappeared behind me, only at the first piece of open road to have him tear past at 170, pull infront, slow down and start splitting much slower than me again.

ugh.

Comment

fkn busa riders.
              "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

unfortunately twats are allowed to buy bikes as well as cars, just get a list of them and we can invite them on a country ride. But be quick i will be working in Perth again real soon.
                Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

I think you need a bike cam installed Hewie.

I'd love to see a "show and shame" thread, with video
                  No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

I'm a supporter of the " Shit or get off the potty " school of riding..

If you cant split, get the FK out of my way.. cos i can and will.. then follow as the cagers part for the impending boot of doom..

I almost had to issue my " Sidi Paneldenter " this morning on the way in.. I think I'll have to master the 'left footer' as my right foot has been getting a real ninja workout lately..
                    Come and see us in the 2011 Avon Descent - we're racing boat #234 !

Comment

Originally posted by Turfie View Post
                      Should have provided some on the spot re-education about etiquette, No one needs that shit after a long day

Other etiquette is not writing in white

Comment

He was probably blinded by all the bling on the R1. If you had a more non-descript ride, like a scooter, you would have been fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Eukanuba View Post
                          I'm a supporter of the " Shit or get off the potty " school of riding..

If you cant split, get the FK out of my way.. cos i can and will.. then follow as the cagers part for the impending boot of doom..

I almost had to issue my " Sidi Paneldenter " this morning on the way in.. I think I'll have to master the 'left footer' as my right foot has been getting a real ninja workout lately..

Agreed. If people dont want to split thats totally fine of course, but dont sit so close to the line that no one else can split past you.

I usually think that bike riders are pretty good at being aware of whats going on around us in the traffic. We have to be to watch out for attack cagers. Yesterday on the way home I was splitting along Canning Hwy behind a blue bike (I think was a ZZR250). I was not too close, but say 20m behind him. We were going pretty slow cause there were cars changing lanes everywhere for no reason as usual. Anyway, we get up to the lights and apparently I absolutely scared the shit out of this guy. He pulls up the visor and says "where the fuck did you come from?" and I looked at him like this thinking are you serious man, I've been just behind you for a couple of K's as we were splitting. Really, the only possible reason was that in the entire few k's we were splitting this guy hadnt once looked in his mirrors. Amazing.

Comment

1/2 and 1/2 shmoogle. The 2fiddyer sounded a bit green, but kudos for at least concentrating 100% ahead whilst splitting. Better that than NOT paying attention eh?

I'm of the mind that if I catch up to you while splitting, and you DON'T see me, then fine, I'll sit a respectable distance behind you until you see me, or I can change lanes and get in front of you. But if I catch up to someone who DOES see me, and makes no attempt to let me past (with minimal effort on their part) then I get a bit pissed off. But either way, tailgating a splitter ain't cool, yo.

But having said that, I'd tailgate YOU Hewie... Just to try touch your ass.
                            Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

there is a bmw rider who cant split, but does almost exactly the same thing using the emergency lane...

I get stuck behind him, change into another lane to split and notice him being pissed off at traffic, then he roars down the emergency lane to create another obstacle for me to swear at about 1km later. and repeat..... and repeat....

silver one.. at about 430pm-5ish going north on mitchell.. around hutton.

Comment

Working...
                              X