Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

politiians taking us up the Arschloch again!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• politiians taking us up the Arschloch again!!!

Awesome.....We had a referendum....people said no....but now we will be getting deregulated shopping hours!!! Just like day light saving, the communities opinion is being ignored again!!

No matter if you want deregulated shopping/ daylight saving........point is......the pollies really don't give a sh^%T what people think. They'll do whats in their vested interest.

And before anyone says...vote for the other party......it seems both major parties will be supporting this.

well a few years ago there was a rally on parliment steps that had about 30,000 people in perth turn up what happened, nothing, so the government always does what it wants anyways when you vote these days it is not a vote for who you want but a vote for what you dont want more
    A site all parents should check regulary
    http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

Comment

I am sure I heard on the radio that IF this government wins another term in office they would deregulate then?
      thats at least 5 years away.................
      Real Men Ride Nakid
      http://www.streetfighters.com.au

Comment

you work in retail dont you.
        In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
        Its the little things that make the difference
        Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
        If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

supporting linkage?

Dubs

Comment

Originally posted by datsik View Post
            Awesome.....We had a referendum....people said no....
            The referendum was not well structured, there were two questions asked (think it was one about extended trading hours during weekdays and one about extended weekend trading hours or something) and unless both were answered yes, then both were counted as a no vote. This was not outlined very well to the public.

I don't see why people have an issue with extended trading hours? People mention that they will spend less time with families, but to that I simply say don't open your shop during these extended hours.

Look at what happens at the moment when individual shopping centres have a sunday 10-5 open, it gets super packed, so it seems obvious that there is a want for extended hours.

Look over east, most shops are open until 9pm-ish and it seems to work well (you never hear any complaints). When you work a 9-5 you basically don't have time to get to the shops (especially when you have a crappy 30 min lunch break) except on a Thursday night (which is then packed out) or on a Saturday (chewing up your leisure time doing food shopping is not fun).

"At the start of the season, you can’t win the championship in the first round, but you can lose it.” - Travis Pastrana

"If your mind can conceive it then
            your hands can achieve it"- Nigel Petrie (Engineeredtoslide.com)

Comment

Good for office workers bad for people who actually work in the shops.

Some people will like it some won't, It would benefit myself and my partner if it was introduced however i didn't support it because it would make the already shit conditions even worse for people who work in retail, and I would personally prefer to be slightly inconvienienced than have someone have to work stupid hours and never see their family.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattis View Post

I don't see why people have an issue with extended trading hours? People mention that they will spend less time with families, but to that I simply say don't open your shop during these extended hours.
                Shops in some majour shopping centres dont have a choice. Its a condition of their lease that if the centre decides to open, they too must open their doors and be open until centre close.
                In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
                Its the little things that make the difference
                Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
                If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Billywhizz View Post
                  I am sure I heard on the radio that IF this government wins another term in office they would deregulate then?
                  thats at least 5 years away.................
                  It is a State issue, election is within 18 months I believe. Personally I think we have more than enough time to go shopping. How about more recreational opportunities instead of rampant consumerism. e.g. Motocross tracks, surf reefs, not letting stupid legal claims, that may possibly shut down Lancelin dunes, get up. The government seem to be pandering to multi nationals. May be we need a labour government?
                  They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

It's bad for small business, and bad for prices.

If the shops are open longer, they have to charge more to cover the costs of paying more staff. They aren't going to sell more stuff, cause people only need the same ammount of stuff.

Small business will suffer, especially familly business who cant afford to hire anyone. They will be forced to stay open longer just to compete. So it's bad for a competitive marketplace.

But then again, it is pretty packed on saturdays and thursday nights too.

I think a good trade off would be sunday trading. Either that or get up earlier on saturday, lol.
                    Don't see the good in shops staying open till 9-10 pm everyday.

Comment

lol here we go again. Just like daylight saving - has the rest of the world got it wrong or is it just the people of WA who know best? pfffft

Comment

I don't care either way. If prices go up from extended trading hours then I'll put my prices up so I can still buy shit I need.

No one cares about the family unit these days. Stop kidding yourselves. The world is greed driven.

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Comment

Originally posted by datsik View Post
                          Awesome.....We had a referendum....people said no....but now we will be getting deregulated shopping hours!!! Just like day light saving, the communities opinion is being ignored again!!

No matter if you want deregulated shopping/ daylight saving........point is......the pollies really don't give a sh^%T what people think. They'll do whats in their vested interest.

And before anyone says...vote for the other party......it seems both major parties will be supporting this.

Not picking on you here but, how old are you really and get off your dad's log in. Poli's or arsewipes as we prefer to know them are NOT, repeat NOT there to serve the people who voted for them. They are there to feather their own nest and nothing else. Best case in question is the City of Cock burn and the under handed way they deal with people outside the purple circle.
                          They will do what suits them and them alone, look at Dorrington as a political adviser, does he have the general public in his thoughts, i doubt it, anyone who believes he can save eeveryone from themselves and other stupid people should be checked into greylands.
                          Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Waaah, change!. If people are going to make that call for those of us against daylight saving, then it applies equally here.

Get over it.

The mining industry works 24/7, and they're the ones who will be buying your shit , if you'rein WA, for the most part.

Servos being open 24/7 and selling stuff has not killed the corner store, this won't either.

edit:
                            And as to the "they're doing exactly what we don't want!" point - link? I'd be surprised if they were that blatant about it.

I'm pretty sure the UK has extended trading hours. Daise - is there a total lack of small businesses and corner stores there? Methinks not...
                            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Are those fixed speed camera installation points behind those new wire rope barriers??.. I think they might be..
                              This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

Working...
                              X