Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stanley is back...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stanley is back...

    Not that he ever really went away I suppose...

    Four hurt in Mitchell Freeway head-on smash | PerthNow
    "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

  • #2
    pop up tyre shredders

    on a freeway? What an idiot. Then again it is Stanley we are talking about.

    Comment


    • #3
      The man was riding his Kawasaki Ninja motorcycle east on the drive and collided with a Holden Commodore turning right into the avenue, Snr Const Stuart Sagar said.

      Skid marks did not indicate the motorbike was speeding above the avenue's 80kmh limit.
      But it could have been weaving between lanes, Snr Const Sagar said.
      fucking cunt Sagar

      Comment


      • #4
        "may have been weaving"


        To avoid the blind fuckwit cager who pulled out on him, you mean?

        for fucks sake...
        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

        Comment


        • #5
          that second story is such fucking bullshit, they go ahed and state its a high powered motorcycle that hit a car.. then further down you findout they werent speeding and were hit by a car...

          Comment


          • #6
            Speaking of PerthNow, has anyone been able to shed any light on whether those fatality stats they quoted in the Sunday Paper last weekend were true? The one where they say out of 29 fatalities only 6 were not the fault of the rider.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Scoundrel View Post
              pop up tyre shredders on a freeway? What an idiot. Then again it is Stanley we are talking about.
              hes only echoing others suggestions like the sheep he is...

              That said - if they operate safely at say 80kph - put them on the exits over time when maintenance is being done anyway - whats the problem?...
              Not sure how many reverse freeway entries actually happen - I've only heard of 3-4 in 10+ years, so it may not be worth it - but know knows how many others have happened that I haven't heard of?

              either way - its not a totally ridiculous idea.

              Comment


              • #8
                The implication of weaving is that there must be at least two other vehicles travelling 'with' the motorcycle, so 'weaving' simply cannot be true.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by xphread View Post
                  hes only echoing others suggestions like the sheep he is...

                  That said - if they operate safely at say 80kph - put them on the exits over time when maintenance is being done anyway - whats the problem?...
                  Not sure how many reverse freeway entries actually happen - I've only heard of 3-4 in 10+ years, so it may not be worth it - but know knows how many others have happened that I haven't heard of?

                  either way - its not a totally ridiculous idea.
                  Unless your front tyre happens to be narrow...like on a motorcycle.
                  No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.



                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by sathid View Post
                    Unless your front tyre happens to be narrow...like on a motorcycle.
                    cant see why the ones they sometimes use in caravan parks would be a problem - spikes are about 3cms apart and simply drop with the lightest weight on them...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I doubt they would be rated for high speed use.

                      A quick look here seems to indicate that special models are required for higher than carpark speeds.

                      Entry Parking Posts -

                      Not to mention, I've seen traffic backed up on the offramps lots of times. Wouldn't want to be the guy who rolled back slightly in his car, only to find he's now stopping a few thousand people from getting off the freeway.

                      It might be possible, but is it practical?
                      No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.



                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Sounds like the guys who head the wrong way up the freeway learn pretty fast. They don't tend to do it a second time, at least...
                        "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Scoundrel View Post
                          Speaking of PerthNow, has anyone been able to shed any light on whether those fatality stats they quoted in the Sunday Paper last weekend were true? The one where they say out of 29 fatalities only 6 were not the fault of the rider.

                          dont you get it. it's the riders fault for riding a bike. If we didn't ride, it wouldn't happen so it's our fault.
                          Originally posted by kyliejane
                          benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
                          Originally posted by harns
                          Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

                          BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by kwakas View Post
                            dont you get it. it's the riders fault for riding a bike. If we didn't ride, it wouldn't happen so it's our fault.
                            That doesnt answer my question now does it. If PerthNow have been fudging figures and putting misleading and emotive words and phrases in their articles as part of a public discrimination campaign against riders, I am going to report them to the Press Council. All I need is proof/evidence.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X