Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laptop help needed, of the pc variety perverts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop help needed, of the pc variety perverts.

I have an acer travelmate that has decided to ignore the dvd drive for some reason. Have tried to fix it but have now lost keyboard and mouse....yay. There is no floppy drive, so I cant use rescue discs.

HELP!!!!!!!

Any suggestions? Dont care if I wipe the h/d only trivial crap on it at the mo.

Ta.
    Remember....Your only young once.....

But you can be immature for as long as you bloody well like!

Umm... What?

If you've somehow managed to disable all input devices through BIOS... I don't see wiping the hard drive helping.

As a recommendation try using a USB keyboard (though not sure if that'd work if you've disabled all inputs somehow) and getting someone who knows what they're doing to look at BIOS for you.

Comment

Cheers, might have to drop it in to da geeks methinks.

Comment

not sure about laptops as i've never had one but look in the manual for the bios reset switch, on my motherboard i would just move a 2 pin connector to an adjacent position to reset the bios to default, real bitch to get to. sucks when overclocking lol
        Free android puzzle game
        https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TempleOfMedina

Comment

don't the travelmates have a hidden partition with the recovery image on it> Try ctrl-F10 or similar when it is booting to get to the recovery menu if it is a software issue.

Check BIOS settings by pressing "delete" or F1 at boot. make sure everything is enabled

Comment

thanks guys, had to do a reinstall, dunno what i did, but is all good now.

Comment

you guys are much more patient than me - I woulda thrown it out a window and gone and bought a new one ! lol

Comment

Working...
              X