I actually feel sorry for the Rebels!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I actually feel sorry for the Rebels!

Just heard that the reason for the TRG presence at Danny Green's boxing match was because they wanted the Rebels to leave as they were wearing patching which was in contravention of the liquor licencing regulations. WTF?? Of all the bad things these guys get up to, this was the biggie they were going to ping them for????

Those there would have seen the debacle and handling of the situation by the police.

Spock and I arrived about 5.45pm and saw the police reading themselves outside. Spock actually checked that we were going in to see a boxing match because it really was ridiculous to see such a presence outside.

Once we took our seats there was a fight just up behind us - the Challenge Stadium security lads sorted that one out. I was quite suprised because it was actually quite violent and it would have deserved the attention of the popo.

But then lo and behold, the police make their way down to table 29 which was just behind Green's wife's table and in front of where his old man was sitting. Everyone could see what was happening.

There was much chest thumping by some of the hugest and burly fat guys I have seen. A number of guys joined them ringside from the upper seating area too.

End result - popo leave looking utterly pathetic. Rebels sit back down and continue eating and drinking.

End of story - alas no. Popo have ego and pride at stake now, so they go back in again. This time handing the ring leader some paperwork (which I later learn is his infringement notice to leave). Did they do so quitely and discretley??? No.

Instead they approached the Rebels as the second last round of a rather fantastic match is being fought, getting 6 tables (including Green's table) to get up and move away so that the police can circle the Rebels. What a scene. What a debacle. What is the result? The popo leave looking even more humilated and pathetic (but not before a coffin cheater threw a bottle at the head of a Rebel - which came to nothing!).

Did the Police really think that they would successfully get the Rebels to leave ahead of Green's match - hell they are probably the reason he was fighting it in Perth in the first place.

I then notice the Police manning a couple of exits in a scene very reminiscent of the Blues Brothers.

So what next. Well if the audience of 4000 (most men) witnessing the absolute cockup and blatent harrassement by the police was not enough, the police then proceeded to block the carpark exit as everyone was leaving so that they could visually inspect cars that they suspected .... (insert what ever here).

By the time we got out (an hour later), I notice they had pulled up the limo that a number of the Rebels were departing in, and a number of other cars. They were video taping them, doing checks of their vehicles, breath tests, while other cops were searching the bushland with torches looking for incriminating ..... (insert whatever here too).

So there you have it. A sensational night of boxing and opportunity to watch first hand Perth's keystone cops at work. Oh and the Rebels - 11 have been issued with a $200 infringement notice for failing to leave. Pfft.
    Last edited by Lolly; 17-12-2007, 01:02 PM. Reason: typo's

Just throwing it out there, does anyone have a story about cops not being retards recently?

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
      Just throwing it out there, does anyone have a story about cops not being retards recently?
      i saw the mounted popo in Cott today. One of the horses did a giant (and i do mean giant) shit on the road. Now why don't they have to get down with their little yellow bag and pick up said shit?

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
        i saw one fall over walking the other day in the city.

thats a hard thing to do.. walking..

Comment

Originally posted by Maxo View Post
          i saw one fall over walking the other day in the city.

thats a hard thing to do.. walking..
          That made me LOL

Comment

A mate of my brothers is a cop, somehow he managed to get shot by his own taser. How a hobo got it off him in the first place, I don't think anyone will ever know.
            "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

Can't say I have an awful lot of sympathy for the Rebels.

Surely it would have saved a lot of headache if they simply removed their colours.
              No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

.. gonna get flamed prolly but I thought colours were not allowed to be worn at "licenced" events, even the toy run was advertised as no colours allowed?

ooops beaten by Sathid
                Last edited by cowasaki; 17-12-2007, 01:52 PM. Reason: to slow

Comment

^^ exactly
                  I bet a lot of you would change your tune if a rebel did something like shoot your mate or something. bikies are a huge problem for the police, and they cant just let them flout laws, because it undermines the police's power and authority
                  If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Originally posted by cowasaki View Post
                    .. gonna get flamed prolly but I thought colours were not allowed to be worn at "licenced" events, even the toy run was advertised as no colours allowed?
                    I am not a lawyer but my understanding is that acceptance of 'colours' at licenced premises is at the discretion of the licensee's dress standards only. There is no way you can exclude 'colours' legally any other way. How do you define 'colors 'or a 'patch' legally anyway?

The cops were looking for a way to make them leave and did so through a loophole. I'm willing to bet they didn't even ask the Challenge Stadium people what their dress code was.

Look at it this way - you, and your buddies are at the boxing wearing 'psb' tee-shirts (note that the Rebels were wearing 'Rebels' tee shirts) and some cop walks over and tells you to leave. wtf?!

I'm no fan of the Rebels but I am in favour of police not abusing or mis-using their powers. the Rebels were sitting quietly enjoying their food and drinks at the boxing. They weren't causing any trouble and were keeping a low profile. I doubt they were going to shoot anyone.

I am pissed off that because of the cops' egos I had to wait for an hour to leave the carpark - and for no good reason. That's not done much to lift my opinion of the police.
                    "Live Long and Prosper"

Bayswater Martial Arts and Yoga Centre

Comment

correct me if im wrong but patches and insignia
                      includes police patches and insignia

Comment

lol. Good luck using that one to keep the police off your premises.
                        No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

I see no problem with patches or colors, it's a free country - people can join whatever group they like..

the real problem arises when the patches or colors have a problem with each other...

As for branding, what is or is not a patch.. same could be said about surf brands.. what's to say " WEST " or " BILLABONG " couldnt be called a patch ? if it was as far as saying the PSB logo was a group.. or patch ? grey area approaching..

I actually asked if The Vic (the pub next to tyres for bikes)would let me in, cos it's hard to define what ' club colours ' are.. they might classify PSB as a bike group - if we're in sufficient numbers wearing the same logo.. their sign openly states no club colours..
                          Come and see us in the 2011 Avon Descent - we're racing boat #234 !

Comment

NO hoodies at the Christmas Party [email protected]`!!

Comment

I thought I would see what the Standards for Dress were all about.

Found this for those interested
                              http://liquor.reports.rgl.wa.gov.au/...d_premises.pdf

Jackets, or any other clothing, bearing patches or insignia of the following Outlaw Motor Cycle Gangs are not permitted to be worn on these premises at any time:
                              - Coffin Cheaters
                              - Club Deroes
                              - God’s Garbage
                              - Gypsy Jokers
                              - Outlaws
                              - Rebels

The above is a "suggestion" for licenced premises.... I wonder how much choice they would ultimately have?

NO hoodies at the Christmas Party [email protected]`!!
                              Unless PSB has been listed as an outlaw motorcycle gang.. I think the xmas party is safe

Comment

Working...
                              X