X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandurah Train Line

Launching the new Mandurah Line services

Effective: Monday 24 December 2007

On Sunday 23 December 2007, the new Mandurah Line will be officially opened, with timetabled services commencing on Monday 24 December 2007.

To ensure the continued integration of Transperth services, it is required to alter bus service routes and timetables in the surrounding suburbs that feed into the new Mandurah Line. This will ensure you can catch a train from your bus and avoid the inconvenience of waiting for long periods of time.

Services: Sunday 23 December 2007
    On Sunday 23 December 2007, to celebrate the opening of the new Mandurah Line, Transperth is providing free travel on all bus, train and ferry services for the day.

Train services on the new Mandurah Line will be open to the public from 11.37am (from Mandurah) and 11.31am (from Perth Underground) with stations other than Mandurah along the line open from 11.15am. Services will operate on a 15 minute frequency, with last services from Perth Underground leaving at 5.00pm and from Mandurah at 6.22pm. Normal timetabled services will be operating on all other train lines.

Passengers are asked to note that bus services on this day will be operating along existing routes and to current timetables and not on the new routes and timetables.
    Finally.

Anyone else want to race the first train to Mandurah?

ooooh.... dunno..... double demerits. and those trains travel pretty fast.......
    Have you won the game recently?? Post here

Comment

Yeah saw them testing the track/stations all last week

They outran me in my truck....
      `Ride on Cam - No. 52` :aus-salute:

Comment

meh not fast enough bunny boy

word has it your bike tends to accelerate pretty good anyway at the site of the fun patrol
        Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

Trains are supposed to be doing 130 in service. One that I *cough* passed the other day was going around 140-ish.

I was, of course, on a private track, adjacent to the freeway at the time.
          Dead Man's Hand
          Internationational Porter Protection Group
          Just call me Pat

Comment

or your speedo was out by 7%.
            "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

The day I got a call about my grandad dying and could I head down to make sure my lovely g'ma was OK, from driveway in Scarbs to Mandurah forum took me 35 mins.*

How many trains will run from Scarbs?

*this was a horrible dream and never actually happened... officer.
              2006 Yamaha R1SP;
              In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
              Amen, brother. Amen.
              My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

I road beside it the other day as well. 140kph approx. Nice speed for travelling. Makes for a quick trip.

Comment

They absolutely fly down the freeway.. excellent speed indication device
                  Come and see us in the 2011 Avon Descent - we're racing boat #234 !

Comment

I vaguely remember reading a label in the cabin of a german train that said (in German) "Top Speed: 238km/h".

Dorrington would have a fit
                    No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Originally posted by sathid View Post
                      I vaguely remember reading a label in the cabin of a german train that said (in German) "Top Speed: 238km/h".

driver couldnt get it out of first eh ? ^_^
                      Come and see us in the 2011 Avon Descent - we're racing boat #234 !

Comment

Originally posted by sathid View Post

They've got ones that go faster than that I think...the MagLev train in Shanghai does like 400kh/h or something ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
                          or your speedo was out by 7%.
                          My speedo reads about 3-5 k's fast at 100, it's hard to tell when you speedo needle has a small "wiggle". In case you ask, I met a friendly copper who willingly allowed me the luxury of a speedo check on the freeway, without giving me a ticket.

When I was running alonside the train, I was indicating about 148-ish, on that private track of course.
                          Dead Man's Hand
                          Just call me Pat

Comment

Originally posted by Eukanuba View Post
                            They absolutely fly down the freeway.. excellent speed indication device
                            "I was just keeping up with the flow of traffic."

Fat Pat- To my understanding, the speedo displays a couple of kms slower due to its own accuracy percentage. Though, when in the cage I have different speeds on my Speedo and GPS after 60. 60 sits on, by 100 on speedo it's 96-97 on GPS.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryven View Post
                              "I was just keeping up with the flow of traffic."

Fat Pat- To my understanding, the speedo displays a couple of kms slower due to its own accuracy percentage. Though, when in the cage I have different speeds on my Speedo and GPS after 60. 60 sits on, by 100 on speedo it's 96-97 on GPS.
                              A lot of car manufacturers "trim" the speed as you get faster, a psycological method of lowering the speed limit OR reducing speeding fines - a lot of people will sit 5-8 k's over the (indicated) limit, and they are in fact only doing the speed limit
                              Dead Man's Hand
                              Just call me Pat

Comment

Working...
                              X