What's wrong with people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong with people?

Just had a phone call from my wife at a petrol station in Applecross. Some lunatic has started beating on his wife out on the forecourt while young child in car screaming. This lady being beaten then runs into servo asking someone to call police.

People stand around doing fuck all (bar a young bloke taking down rego). My wife runs into servo tells girl at counter to call police, wife then gives description to popo and rego etc. Then procedes to go out and beat on car and yell at bloke (who is now in car thrashing about belting wife/girlfriend/whatever) to get him to stop. Shy of grappling some oath to the ground she's done all she can.

Yet while this is happening a car full of blokes just sit there watching while this woman is being beaten silly. Another guy apparently hides behind bowser so not to be called into fray.

What's wrong with people, just standing around, I understand not wantiong to get hurt, but there's so rarely anyone that steps up to try and help someone. Fuck knows if I'd been there I would have comandered those cowards in the car as back up whilst trying to stop this bloke smashing seven shades of shit out of this poor lass.

Why the hell should my wife be put in danger trying to do the right thing while a group of fully grown men stand by ignoring this situation. There are people out there that would step in to protect someone vulnerable, they just don't seem to be as common as they once were. This woman was being beaten senseless and her child was copping it in the car as well.

I'm angry that this idiot is hurting people and my wife could have been in danger whilst trying her best to help. I'm angrier though at the people who just stood around doing nothing - choosing to ignore the situation!

Thoughts? I'm waiting for the wife's return to learn more.
    Last edited by mekon; 19-12-2007, 06:54 PM. Reason: makes more sense
    Originally posted by Abuse this
    Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Just imagine if she was car jacking him and his child, armed and he was risking everything to fight her off, you jump in, she shoots the both of you and makes off with the car and the kid. I'm all for dying for something, I just want there to be plenty of crying women at my memorial.

Other people's arguments and relationships can be as complicated as the women they involve, you and I have no idea what has been going on to lead up to that point and any determination of guilt or innocence based purely on two minutes of observation won't do either side justice.

I've been in a situation where severe violence was threatened towards me at a party with my friends. I was half dragged out the front door before my larger friends broke his grip on me. This guy was taking me out the front where six of his other mates were ready to hit me over the head with bricks from the wall falling apart beside the drive way all because a girl they knew, who was crying her eyes out, thought I was the one who'd called her a whale. Both my friend who actually did call her that and I were wearing white and she must've been confused.

The point is, the guys knew nothing about the reasoning behind the confrontation yet they attributed blame as they saw fit and were prepared to deal out justice to an innocent man over it.

Even though it might have seemed obvious what was going on, you really don't know for sure. Is it any of your business?
    This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by mekon76 View Post

Why the hell should my wife be put in danger trying to do the right thing while a group of fully grown men stand by ignoring this situation. There are people out there that would step in to protect someone vulnerable, they just don't seem to be as common as they once were. This woman was being beaten senseless and her child was copping it in the car as well.

I'm angry that this idiot is hurting people and my wife could have been in danger whilst trying her best to help. I'm angrier though at the people who just stood around doing nothing - choosing to ignore the situation!

Thoughts? I'm waiting for the wife's return to learn more.

They were not men, they were boys.

You could do whatever you like and you can bet that she either won't press charges or drops them. Then she will forgive him because , well fuck knows why, and the cycle continues.

Glad your wife got away ok.
      Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

i saw a woman beat the shit out of her husband the other week in a beach carpark.
        i stepped towards the situation, but was laughing too hard to do anything.

cowards,pussies all aside (they sound like they would have been given the situation).... sometimes women choose to exaggerate stories when the oestrogen kicks in... *awaits flaming*

Comment

rule one of life keep out of other peoples domestics,

it will only end in misery for the interviener while the couple kiss make up and sue your ass for anything you did
          National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

I can see both sides of this. I have been in situations where the woman who was being beaten has actually turned on the people who were trying to help her. Regardless it still wouldn't stop me from trying to do the right thing. The right thing is to help someone who is in need. There is just no excuse for beating the crap out of someone who is more vulnerable than you.

And totally agree, they were boys not men.

Maxo - yup agree with that about exaggerating (not saying this happened here but yk) but I think it is more so to do with the adrenalin and both men and women alike

Mekon76 - you have a good woman there

Comment

Hmm, The way I see it is if the guys had engaged into the conflict and had done harm to the bloke, they would have most likely been up on charges. Me personally I would have gone over there and try to stop more abuse, but not to assult the guy, because what Taylor said, you don't know the circumstances and if you went over there and assulted the guy because you had seen him abuse a lady and later on you find out there was a excuseable reason, you would be up for charges...

But yes, someone should have stepped in and stopped it.
              It's like, 'Ooh don't worry someone else will call the police or stop it' would most likely be the reason no-body didnt do anything

Comment

YEah, well I know my wife well enough to know there wasn't any exageration. She's just told me in a lot more detail. The guy was kicking her and really beating down on her, he chased her into the servo.

I just believe any way you look at it - The guy needed restraining before he killed her. I'm sure at the end of the day it was a domestic and she'll go back to him etc. The problem is when it spills out in the public arena it needs to be contained. The cops were a little way off and in the meantime this guy could have killed her.

I just know I wouldn't stand idly by. I'm not talking about making a judgment call and dishing out punishment, just the guy needed to be calmed down or in this case restrained from beating the living crap out of someone half his size plus the child.

Comment

What isn't wrong with people?

I would have punched on with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayd View Post
                    him abuse a lady and later on you find out there was a excuseable reason, you would be up for charges...
                    Please enlighten me as to what situation would be excusable to beat up a woman?

Bec.

Comment

Originally posted by becboo View Post
                      I can see both sides of this. I have been in situations where the woman who was being beaten has actually turned on the people who were trying to help her. Regardless it still wouldn't stop me from trying to do the right thing. The right thing is to help someone who is in need. There is just no excuse for beating the crap out of someone who is more vulnerable than you.

And totally agree, they were boys not men.

Maxo - yup agree with that about exaggerating (not saying this happened here but yk) but I think it is more so to do with the adrenalin and both men and women alike

Mekon76 - you have a good woman there
                      Thanks, I agree. Years ago when at uni I had a night job doing the graveyard shift at the shell station top of walcott and fitzgerald and believe me I've been in these situations and sometimes bitten off more than I could chew when it came to trying to help. But you do what you can.

Well the police went chasing the car around Applecross, so hopefully all sorted. The girl behind the counter was in tears and a bit freaked out.

Comment

Bec.
                        Face it, when you get down to situations, it'd be the same reason you'd accept for beating up a man.

I've got no problems beating up a woman who deserves it. If "she" threatened the children in my extended family in a way I believed, I'd treat "her" like anyone else.

Just because you don't have a penis doesn't mean you're any less responsible for your actions and intent. Now I know that if I'm punching a woman, it's because she's trying to do something truly heinous, but those guys on the corner don't, they'll kick my arse, she'll escape and destroy the world all because defending a woman's honour is more important that asking questions before shooting.

Fucking showpony bogans.
                        This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

Because only guys put knives to people, or do other threatening things, right?

Bec.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
                            she'll escape and destroy the world all because defending a woman's honour is more important that asking questions before shooting.
                            Sounds straight out of a movie....

Originally posted by Kayd View Post
                            Because only guys put knives to people, or do other threatening things, right?
                            Point taken re knives/self-defence but I am talking about the majority of cases not the one-percenters. 'Beating' is the operative word. Beating is repetitive. And if you are beating up a woman repetitively then there is something wrong - this isn't self-defence.
                            Last edited by becboo; 19-12-2007, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Bec.
                              There is none.
                              It is illegal to behave this way, same as it is using a mobile phone while driving, which people seem to get really emotional about.

Congratulations to your wife, mekon76, on being one of the few to give a shit anymore!

Comment

Working...
                              X