Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• google maps: ultimate ride planner

... well maybe.

Anyone played with the routing/directions?

Eg...

from: 1 st georges terrace, perth WA to: 1 Baker Ave, Perth WA 6000, Australia - Google Maps

If you move the mouse over the blue route marker, you can click/drag to change it... and the directions, etc are all automagically updated.

Could be cool for hunting down cool looking roads with the satellite view

edit:
    you can right click on a control point (white dot) and do "remove destination" as well.... and just found out you can drag the "a" and "b" markers to change the start/destination
    Last edited by thro; 24-12-2007, 05:15 PM.
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Thats great in theory but there are so many errors in their maps that you'd no doubt be going the wrong way up a one way street or trying to head down a road that doesnt exist or trying to turn into the closed end of a cul de sac from an adjacent street.
    In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
    Its the little things that make the difference
    Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
    If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Yes, I have a few saved maps I use to play with routes and share them easily.

Excellent tool.

Comment

What Aphex Said.

Google maps has had me try and drive across a dam and down a fire break, but so has whereis.com.au.
        The route planners are excellent starting points for working out how to get somewhere, but need a bit of scrutiny before leaving off if you don't know 100% where you are going.

Comment

^^ oh yeah, i too have been caught out with google maps

But at least the satellite view and route planner can get you started
          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

this should work, this is the quick way to lunch at the parky.

stuff it it didn't work...... will keep trying.

but i can tell you it is totally wicked....
            Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Working...
            X