Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '07...How was your year ?

The year so far….

Got a new bike…. Made some new friends…. Went ridin’…. Met a girl…. Went ridin’ hehe….. Had a birthday….. Learned to ride a horse !..... Got bored at work.... Lost the girl…. Was offered a new job..... Took the new job !.... Met some new people.... Lost a few friends…. Saw a couple of concerts.… Dodged a few Holdens !.... Almost found a new girl…. Watched Stoner become Champ !.... Joined PSB .... Had Xmas…. Finally booked in my driving test !!!!.... Am now on holiday…. and thinking about a new job !

Anyone looking for a good Framer ???
    Pictures/Memorabilia/Artwork, that sort of thing.

So all in all, a pretty good year. Could have been better, but could have been a lot worse too…….
    How about the rest of you out there ???

Roll on 2008 !......and have a safe and Happy New Year to All.
    sigpic

Today could have been better
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Generally good.

2008 will hopefully be interesting.
      such comment
      wow
      many post

Comment

Fucked in the head.

Comment

Sucked huge hairy dogs balls.
          Bring on 2008 - I want a do-over.
          "Look wise guy, I know I'm a racer, I can feel it in my code."

Comment

Good question.

Started the year working in Albany, commuting weekly on the XJ.

Started and completed huge renovations to Chez Oath......more like a re-build than renovation. At one point we were living in a brick tent.
            Although still got the landscaping and sh1t to finish.

Then spent a couple of weeks working in Kunuurra....too far to commute on the bike.
            Then spent a couple of months working in Bussleton, with a weekly commute on the bike.

Had some great new neighbours move in, one of their kids races motoX, and me trying to keep up with him means I've got huge bruises and much pain.

Met Desmo at his previous place of employment.....but Desmo, that uniform just looked so good.

And, despite today's events, am still looking forward to my first Track Day in 2008.

Was looking good for PI for WSBK, but sending wife to UK for her father's 70th.....scoring huge brownie points there.

So done about 19,000 kms on the XJ, prolly a couple of thousand on the XR, with a few hundred bruises to match.

But hey, I'm vertical, and still running.

Comment

the year started well sailed the geograph bay race week and we won our devision, took the kids for a holiday in New Zealand, went on a couple of PSB rides, walked the Kakoda Track in July, then things got thouher got knocked of my bike by a cage that didnt see me (I was doing 50k's ), got Kidney infection (to many good times), broke my ribs falling through my back stairs, the PSB track day was great and not a scratch on me or bike. Poped a highside a couple of weeks ago and smashed up all the fairings not alredy damaged this was my fault not concentrating and reading the road. Now girlfriends same old job which I love. Bring on 2008 I want to see what comes next.
              sigpic

Comment

In one word? Shit.

Yup bring on 2008 I say!

Comment

2007 = good. got the r-class and bike to go with it, something i should have done 8 years ago or so. getting paid ~20% more than last year. Ditched FIFO, and have managed to get to a few PSB events and met a few cool people.

looking forward to 2008.
                  “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

i give 2007 4 1/2 stars

Comment

Yeah about 2 stars :/

Comment

bad:
                        - dad passing away after being ill for 15 years
                        - the honeymoon period of my marriage is well and truly over
                        - being married to a serious world of warcraft addict
                        - still being a lazy lazy fucker, especially around the house
                        - my sister still being messed up from her bike crash 6 months ago

good:
                        - my neice was born in November
                        - being given a bike out of the blue
                        - beerfest I and II
                        - whiskey night
                        - bikini wash (except the waxing and bikini bits)
                        - left a job I wasn't happy with for a new workplace, which I really enjoy. And then getting a promotion on top of that
                        - getting better at this whole riding caper
                        - seeing family find new people to make them happy
                        - My absolute favourite memory of the year was standing on the oval at Shents for 50 minutes, surrounded by a constant rumble of bikes as the MAD ride left. 2500 bikes all in one place for a cause, that's the kind of memory that will stay with me forever.

And of course: ALL OF YOU. I CAN'T EXPRESS HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU ALL :HEART:
                        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

I've learned alot over the last year, about myself, about other people and although at times it's been a little tough... I'm glad. I just hope my experiences make me into a better person at the end of the day.

Comment

Working...
                          X