Golden Compass, my thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Compass, my thoughts

Okay, so tonight I went and saw the Golden Compass.

I personally think it was a fantastic film, great characters, good storyline etc.
    If you have an interest in fantasy type films, then you should go see this.

I like these sort of films hopefully seeing it soon.

Comment

To me from the trailers it looked like a mismash of lots of different films. Lots of Narnia, a bit of LOTR, and bits and pieces from here and there.

But if you like it I'm willing to give it a go
      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

I watched it on release night, because AvP wasn't inspiring me from what I'd heard. Probably the best written and acted movie I've seen this year.

Kinda sad, really, given it was aimed at kids. Sad in the sense that they aim absolute rubbish at adults and we still pay to see it.

Comment

Did you read the books Mirkz? I haven't read or seen it but apparently its all 3 books squeezed into one movie so there's a lot missing, advice I got was if you've read the books you'll be disapointed.
          Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing.

Comment

Na, never read the books.
            It looks like they'll make a sequel to it at least, so it doesn't seem that 'crammed' to me, but then I don't know what the books had in them! For all I know, it may have skipped entire parts of the book! LOL

Great movie though.

Comment

I want to see it to. For some reason my 13yo boy/manchild/weird creature is not that interested...
              Why be difficult?
              Put some effort into it and be IMPOSSIBLE !

Comment

Originally posted by T_B R1 View Post
                Did you read the books Mirkz? I haven't read or seen it but apparently its all 3 books squeezed into one movie so there's a lot missing, advice I got was if you've read the books you'll be disapointed.
                Good advice in general, especially recently with films such as AVP:R and I Am Legend, where rule of thumb is; if you can read, this film will insult your intelligence.

What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

Comment

i found it to be pretty alright. wouldnt mind reading the books though
                  As a general rule, the better it felt when you said it, the more trouble it's going to get you into.

'Soul' - Italian word for unreliability.

For a way to start racing cheap, go here > http://supermotowa.com

Comment

Go see Beowulf in 3D at Innaloo. awesome.
                    bikeless

Comment

Working...
                    X