4wding/camping weekend ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4wding/camping weekend ideas

I'm looking for a not too far weekend/3 day away journey. I'd like to do some 4wding and get some camping in too, fishing would be nice but not essential.

I'm not a hardcore motherfucker with fridges and ovens and foldout showers and shit, I've got recovery gear, esky, tent, inflatable mattresses, a 2 burner gas stove etc, I'd like to be somewhere close to civilisation so I can go get pissed at the pub/get more ice/shower etc.

Can anyone suggest a suitable journey? It'll just be me and a friend, would anyone even be interested in taking another 4by and coming with?

Bonus points for google earth directions/coordinates

Lee

Minus the hardcore gear makes it hard, so My suggestion would be Pemberton Caravan Park. Short walk to the pub and some top forest drives for the fourby.

Also an easy trip down to Warren river mouth to test the offroad skills and fishing via Yeagerup or Calcup.

If you ever get some hardcore camping gear, then I've got tons more suggestions.
    To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid.

Originally posted by PSB Forum Software
    Sorry, no matter how much you try, you can not ignore yourself.

Comment

Head up to Wedge.

Go to Lancelin.. stock up with ya ice and piss etc..(Get the map from the tourist depo) hit the dirt track and camp on the beach/dunes where ever... There's local hermits there that can help and you'll still be in mobile range. No pub..but whats the point if your going camping? Just enjoy your own views!
      Showers are over rated but if you must, get a $20 shower bag from Kmart/camping store.. too easy.
      sigpicJoseph Nobody Sponsor.

Comment

yeah, done wedge a few times, i usually camp in between empty shacks to help break up the wind. not a bad spot for a weekender. nice dunes for some sand action.

Comment

Guilderton (Moore River) Closer and great river/beach. Great caravan park there....close to fish n chips shop...pub just up the road.
          Last edited by Fastgirl; 02-01-2008, 10:56 AM.
          Originally posted by Red_is_Best
          hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

also, cervantes isn't too bad either.

if you want, you can go from lancelin to wedge, stay overnight, continue up the track to cervantes, stay overnight and then come back home on the black-top.

Comment

If you realy dont want to go too far, Honeymoon Pool just out of Collie. Get a Marron fishing permit and away you go. Plenty of nice 4by friendly day trips around the area.
              In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
              Its the little things that make the difference
              Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
              If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

There's a few nice spots up near Geraldton.
                Dad just spent christmas and new years up at places like Cape Range National Park, and a bunch of other places between here and Exmouth.

Not sure if you're looking to drive 4+ hours to get there though...

Comment

Guilderton, honeymoon pool, etc are nice places to camp but don't seem to offer a lot in the way of 4wd playgrounds.
                  "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Go down to Augusta and go driving along the beach and fishing.

Me and my mates went down a year or two ago and drove my car on the beach and camped in the dunes when we were trying for aussie salmon.

pretty easy 4wding and augusta is only about 30 mins drive.

Waroona dam and around that area is good camping fishing and 4wding.
                    Wes

Comment

Get yourself one of these books...'4WD Weekends out of Perth' available at newsagents and map shops. They are great for ideas and have trip notes as well as GPS coords for the trips.

Books - 4WD Guides & Magazines - 4WD Weekends out of Perth

There is also a '4WD Day Trips out of Perth' version.

Highly recommended!

KENNARDS HIRE - Make Your Job EASY!

Comment

Originally posted by Kneedown View Post
                        Get yourself one of these books...'4WD Weekends out of Perth' available at newsagents and map shops. They are great for ideas and have trip notes as well as GPS coords for the trips.

Highly recommended!
                        Yep...got that. Great locations and ideas for all levels of 4WD'ing experience.
                        Originally posted by Red_is_Best
                        hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Kneedown View Post

Highly recommended!
                          ring a ding ding. thank you.

Comment

Working...
                          X