Possums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possums

Just went outside as there was something on the roof (tin roof) figuring i end up throwing stones at cat or something and there was a possum brown one white belly could really tell exactly what it was. There are a few trees around however I don't think its actually in the roof.

Now do I put up a possum box before he decides the roof will be a nice place to live, in a tree or in the house. Who would I talk to about this kind of stuff where would I get a possum box anyways?
    Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Usually your local council/ranger sorts it out, as they catch them and relocate them, or you coax them out with slices of apple to a new location and seal up the roof if there was somewhere they could get in. Possums get pretty disruptive in the roof. wiring etc goes.
    Originally posted by Abuse this
    Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Talk to an air rifle salesman.

Comment

Possum Cook Book

They're cute... But so are rats when they're not eating your breakfast cereal and shitting on your breakfast bar. It finds a new home, or you get a cheap feed.

If what mekon76 says is right, do that.

Comment

Illegal to kill possums. Rats on the other hand...

Talk to local ranger or DEC office if you want a quick fix. If you want to keep it in your garden, put up a box for it to stay in and make sure your roof is sealed. I made some about a year ago but already dont remember the specs. Google it? Pretty easy to make anyways. Even a girl can do it :p
          >>I like to play with snakes<<

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov

Comment

speak to someone who owns a paint ball gun and hit the little fuckers with that...wont hurt them but will pursuade them to go elsewhere and you get to have some spotty fun in your roof space
            A site all parents should check regulary
            http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

Comment

id say go up their with a gidgee and spear the little fuzz ball and if you bury it quickly enough who is to say you killed any thing at all?
              Hot air balloons, the gentleman's escape vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Shai'tan View Post
                Illegal to kill possums. Rats on the other hand...
                I never said kill it... But, were it to say fall out of a tree, it'd almost be wrong not to try the recipe. While you're at it, rustle up some black cockatoo and platypus. If we can eat the litte bastards on our coat of arms, I don't see why not.

Comment

Pellet guns are fun.......and you dont need a fuckin licence like air rifles.

All you tree huggin hippy cunts please pay out on me
                  here.............................................. .................................................. .
                  "YOU CAN TEACH A FAST RIDER TO STOP CRASHING,BUT YOU CANT TEACH A SLOW RIDER TOO RIDE FAST." Mick Doohan

Comment

party popper trip bomb- fun on cats...
                    She's not hot enough to be a cougar...

Comment

I was just going to stick a box in the nearby trees and try and get them to live in that. My block has a "bush garden" ie whatever grows there and the vacant block next door is about the same roos running through the pair of kookaburra's (of the avain variety) the big skinks that live under the house are just what comes with the territory. Beats the [email protected]# out of locking your doors every night and sleeping with a shotgun under your bed in fear of some idiot trying to take your wheels.
                      Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                        speak to someone who owns a paint ball gun and hit the little fuckers with that...wont hurt them but will pursuade them to go elsewhere and you get to have some spotty fun in your roof space
                        Firestorm and Euk enter the ceiling, nail the bastard with 1000 rounds each and are out before the cops arrive to the sound of paintball marker gunfire from the nextdoor neighbours.. ( paintball markers ftw ! )

seriously tho, dont get too close - possums get vicious.. ^_^
                        Come and see us in the 2011 Avon Descent - we're racing boat #234 !

Comment

Oh yeah BTW when I saw him he was on the roof not in it. I'm not sure they have actually got into the roof might take a look latter.

Comment

And more recipe and ingredient ideas can be found at PETSorFOOD.com - The best place for pet and food products on the Web!

"Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by Nero Diablo View Post
                              Oh yeah BTW when I saw him he was on the roof not in it. I'm not sure they have actually got into the roof might take a look latter.
                              If they get into your roof...you will know...trust me.

It will sound like the running backs from the NY Jets doing wind sprints up and down the length of your house. You will lie in bed, searching with your limited vision, for the tell-tale cracks in the plaster, and waiting for the fucker to fall through.....waiting...waiting....
                              Originally posted by Viper
                              I'm probably fucking something up.
                              FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
                              Administrator

Comment

Working...
                              X