Good Photo Locations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Photo Locations?

I'm thinking of entering a photo comp being run on another forum, where the task is an 'artistic photograph depicting motorcycling' - and no photoshop enhancements beyond WB and sharpening etc.

I have a few ideas for locations - but I thought I'd tap into the collective wisdom of PSB. What do you recommend for breathtaking shots?

TIA.
    "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

under the narrows at sth perth.. but no doubt 100 people will go there.

any reasonably lit - busy cafe strip at night, long exposure etc etc...

Comment

derelict factory/industrial building??

been trying to find a decent one for ages?

Comment

usually on the FWY or Roe Hwy there's a few camera's set up to take your photo. Attatch a front number plate to ensure they get sent to your house though
        Originally posted by kyliejane
        benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
        Originally posted by harns
        Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

I was going to head down to south perth foreshore after dark and take photos with the city in the background. But that might be a bit cliche if youre trying to win comps

Ooh the pinnacles outside lancelin, if you fancy a bit of a ride

the universe is hostile

Comment

Originally posted by Maxo View Post
            derelict factory/industrial building??

been trying to find a decent one for ages?
            talk to Saf, he posted some well wicked ones a while back
            the universe is hostile

Comment

Also i think just a pic of a bike alone won't cut it.. Maybe get someone to model as the rider and be 'gearing up' or chatting to another rider.. your task was to depict 'motorcycling' not a motorcycle.

food for thought.

Comment

Group of 5-10 streetfighters doing a synchromised burnout??? Im sure Phil, mel and a few others would be up for it lol...

Jarrod
                Handled by one.... Feared by all

Comment

what about a dead pram in the middle of the freeway, and an outlaw standing next to his victim with his murdercycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
                    Also i think just a pic of a bike alone won't cut it.. Maybe get someone to model as the rider and be 'gearing up' or chatting to another rider.. your task was to depict 'motorcycling' not a motorcycle.

food for thought.
                    Yep - you're absolutely right, a pic of a bike won't win it. I have a couple of ideas...
                    "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

Need any halp???
                      I hope you share your pic here when it is done

Cal
                      I live in my own little world, but it's OK they know me here

Comment

Originally posted by Calamity View Post
                        Need any halp???
                        I hope you share your pic here when it is done

Cal
                        Thanks! I'll let you know.

I'll share it if it wins, how's that?

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Nice pic greshaki, BTW. What would be the best time for pix and the Pinnacles - morning or afternoon? That would make for some nice shots anyway.

Comment

Afternoon with the long shadow.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                              Afternoon with the long shadow.
                              Thanks Desmo.

Actually, is anyone interested in a photo ride up there? It'd be good to get some tips from the wizards on the forum!

Comment

Working...
                              X