No announcement yet.

University

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did anyone at curtin ever have to have ian howard as their lecturer? as far as sleeping in lectures goes..wel...enough said

LOL.. he was pretty boring but it was worse with that incompetent dave devinish. he was just wierd!

Comment

at the start of this year i thought i was doing a unit on "magical beans"
      it wasnt until 2 weeks in that i realised it was "symetrical beams"

i guess they are just catering for the majority when they chose these lectureres.
      ie the 70% of people in all my classes who also speak english as a 2nd or 3rd language

As for cost, $5k a year is pretty close
      the quality of education you receive however is under half that price
      Respect is earned, not enforced.

Comment

LOL.. he was pretty boring but it was worse with that incompetent dave devinish. he was just wierd!
        ahhh but he's gone now thank f*****

(\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(")

Comment

yes, who could ever forget devinish's engineering dynamics....if a whole class plus a few who have already finished the degree all do the same question and get the same answer and its wrong, then everybody must have done the question wrong, sureley not devinish :? the class you learn everything to pass the test, but have to remember not to apply it to anything else coz its all wrong :roll:
          Boob!

Comment

Blows the dust of thread.
            Who rides the dark green/black ZX9 to Murdoch Uni?
            It has a wheelie dude on the back.

Comment

NAGA JOLOKIA CHILLI
              1,041,427 SHU
              go on you know ya wanna try one!

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster@Oct 26 2005, 04:31 PM
                [snapback]178100[/snapback]
                I drive a dark green Falcon to Murdoch daily. The bike's coming along next year when I get my license. Doing a Chem/Energy Studies Degree there, 6-18 months left depending on what I feel like doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster@Oct 26 2005, 04:31 PM
                  [snapback]178100[/snapback]
                  This doesnt answer my question!

Comment

I protest! Notre Dame is a Uni, the greatest Uni the world has ever seen! Add it to the poll now or else (I know where you go to uni <_< )
                    Why can&#39;t they make the whole bike out of Oggy?

Comment

The more time I spend at universities, the more convinced I become that they&#39;re total crap, with two general exceptions:

A ) So that you can do practical things that you can&#39;t practice on your own for legal reasons or because the equipment outvalues your tuition fees (i.e. medicine and medical research, vetinary stuff, mechanical engineering) and

B ) Meeting women.

I&#39;ve been to two universities and three campuses and I&#39;ve had it up to my eyeballs with all the posturing, academic jerk-circles and general wankery.

If you can get hold of materials (like books, journals) and can find some other people who know their shit, then I would save the time and money and learn it by going through it yourself and discussing things with other people who know about what you&#39;re looking at.

I&#39;m also constantly thrilled by the number of people who manage to complete degrees in a field without having learnt anything.

Whooo... *exhale*... where&#39;d this box of soap come from?

Comment

must say never been to uni and i think im smarter for it considering the people i interview for jobs that come from uni&#39;s im sure it has dumbed them down a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by kshzx9@Oct 27 2005, 06:02 PM
                          must say never been to uni and i think im smarter for it considering the people i interview for jobs that come from uni&#39;s im sure it has dumbed them down a bit.
                          [snapback]178661[/snapback]

I&#39;m smrat!

Comment

would these be commerce students? lol (no offence to commerce students)
                            No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

ive managed to get through 4 years of uni with good marks and havent learnt anything and i still dont have a degree. i really enjoy paying hecs though.
                              Originally posted by Friedrich Hayek
                              "The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

Comment

My wife has 2 degrees from Murdoch and will now be going on to get a third in Teaching this time and I still earn more than double than she does, I didn&#39;t even finish high school.
                                Going to uni to earn less money sounds scary to me, heh heh heh
                                Rock it - Roll it an Twist it!!

All new parts available, contact me anytime.

Comment

Working...
                                X