business on Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• business on Facebook

Hi,Crew, I’m considering putting a business up on Facebook, What are the pros an cons
    cheers Mick.

Dpends on what kind of business...all too often you see companies come up with a unique idea only to have a load of copy cats in a very short time. If you are in people smuggling or similar I suppose it will do well...
    Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

I think the Pro's would far outweigh the Con's.

I'm of the mindset that if a business doesn't have an online presence it may as well not exist. If I can't find your business online I almost guarantee that I'll be able to find your competitors.

Make sure to be proactive on the page, post updates, even if it's just a little tidbit here and there, something once a fortnight to keep you at the forefront of people's minds. Make sure to respond to incoming messages in a timely manner (less than 24 hours). Respond to reviews that people write for your business. Yeah it's more work and more time in front of a computer but as a tech savvy consumer I respond and engage far better with businesses that are actively online.

Originally posted by BusaSteve View Post
      Dpends on what kind of business...all too often you see companies come up with a unique idea only to have a load of copy cats in a very short time. If you are in people smuggling or similar I suppose it will do well...
      I don't see how you would be able to promote a business without unveiling what makes you unique or what your good idea is, how are you going to sell something without explaining what it is? Copy cats will come if what you are doing is good/profitable. Just make sure you do it better than the copycats, or at least promote yourself and grab a lot of the market share before they have a chance to.
      Last edited by Known; 17-06-2019, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltie View Post
        Hi,Crew, I’m considering putting a business up on Facebook, What are the pros an cons
        cheers Mick.
        I considered establishing my own business a few months ago as I've had a few requests for contract work and thought it might lead to a new career if I pursued it with actual effort, but the way I was considering it was to pay the $100 - $300 for a hosted website with my own .com

FB might be a way to test the water with no money down, but really, it'll just end up being another page that spambots like and subscribe to

Comment

Working...
        X