Current Crop of Speed Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Crop of Speed Cameras

Does anyone know what brand and/or model speed cameras WAPOL are currently using? I know that Multanova were replaced by Poliscan, but I'm pretty sure these have been replaced as well. Irish ?

They still use legacy systems, and LIDAR:

https://www.police.wa.gov.au/Traffic...Mobile-cameras

__________________________________________________ ____________
    "No, no. Not Sawyer like the valley. Sour like sweet and sour, only European"

Comment

what is that thing on a pole near south street exit heading north? it sets my V1 off so its a detection device

Comment

Originally posted by dwillia View Post
        what is that thing on a pole near south street exit heading north? it sets my V1 off so its a detection device
        The black and white checkered pole? only a few km's after the double cameras at Murdoch? Yeah I only saw that earlier today on the way back from Mandurah, it's definitely another Speed Camera
        3 in less than 10km's? BUT it's not for revenue-raising especially when it's camouflaged and hidden amongst the bushes
        #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
        Originally posted by Phildo
        Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
        Originally posted by filbert
        i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
        Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Yeah saw that tall B&W pole a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

pnork They are still using the Vitronic Poliscans in the mobile setups after they pulled the new Jenoptik ones last year.

All the Freeway and Roe ones as well as the trailer mounted are Vitronics too.

The red light ones are a mix of Redflex and Jenoptik. I hear the black white striped ones are also Jenoptik but have yet to have that confirmed. I can ask and find out.

Eventually they reckon 90 red light - speed cameras in the metro area.

Apparently ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Sauer View Post
              They still use legacy systems, and LIDAR:

https://www.police.wa.gov.au/Traffic...Mobile-cameras
              Some of the new fixed sites are using RADAR again, Roe / Gt Northern and Tonkin / Welshpool that I know of 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Irish View Post
                pnork They are still using the Vitronic Poliscans in the mobile setups after they pulled the new Jenoptik ones last year.

All the Freeway and Roe ones as well as the trailer mounted are Vitronics too.

The red light ones are a mix of Redflex and Jenoptik. I hear the black white striped ones are also Jenoptik but have yet to have that confirmed. I can ask and find out.

Eventually they reckon 90 red light - speed cameras in the metro area.

Apparently ;-)
                Thanks Irish - I knew you'd have the goods. It astounds me the amount of people that still refer to speed traps as "radar traps." If they were all radar traps, my Beltronics STi would still have some worth..

Comment

Originally posted by pnork View Post

Thanks Irish - I knew you'd have the goods. It astounds me the amount of people that still refer to speed traps as "radar traps." If they were all radar traps, my Beltronics STi would still have some worth..
                  pnork They still do have worth dude, I still use one myself. May not give as much warning but they still do pickup the Vitronic stuff and as they roll out the new red light cameras with Radar they pick them up from a good distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish View Post

pnork They still do have worth dude, I still use one myself. May not give as much warning but they still do pickup the Vitronic stuff and as they roll out the new red light cameras with Radar they pick them up from a good distance.
                    Hmm.. food for thought.

Comment

Working...
                    X