ACT Legalises Pot for Personal Use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACT Legalises Pot for Personal Use

In an astonishing move, the ACT have legalised the possession of up to 50 grams and growing up to two plants.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...8dbdc959497ce7

Any bets on the which the last state or territory in Australia will be to legalise it? I know where I'd be placing my money...

this is great news. I can't help but wonder at the timing, it seems suss after a couple of weeks ago, drug testing pollies was in the news!

Comment

56 grams would have been better.

Comment

The country is fucked.
        Pot and fireworks are legal in the ACT.
        Its a recipe for mass shootings at schools.

Comment

Originally posted by pnork View Post
          In an astonishing move, the ACT have legalised the possession of up to 50 grams and growing up to two plants.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...8dbdc959497ce7

Any bets on the which the last state or territory in Australia will be to legalise it? I know where I'd be placing my money...
          It was decriminalised here for a while in 2003 for 25 grams and two plants (no hydro) but Colin Barnett's mob decided it would lead to harder drugs and associated crime and changed it so we now have no problems with drugs of addiction.

Onya Col!!!
          They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Originally posted by chew View Post

It was decriminalised here for a while in 2003 for 25 grams and two plants (no hydro) but Colin Barnett's mob decided it would lead to harder drugs and associated crime and changed it so we now have no problems with drugs of addiction.

Onya Col!!!
            Yes, I remember that. The subsequent re-criminalisation worked well...

Comment

Originally posted by dwillia View Post
              this is great news. I can't help but wonder at the timing, it seems suss after a couple of weeks ago, drug testing pollies was in the news!
              Although it might be legal to grow, doesn't mean that a work place could not insist on a clean drug result.

Also this morning on the ABC, they were saying it might be legal in the ACT, but its still illegal under Australian law. Guess which country the ACT is in?

But as you point out, the Politicians would be tried under ACT law, people on newstart would be tried under Australian law.

Comment

Personally neither for it or against it but have known many friends who were heavy users to committe suicide due to depression while on it.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMeanie View Post
                  The country is fucked.
                  Pot and fireworks are legal in the ACT.
                  Its a recipe for mass shootings at schools.
                  They banned fireworks there some years ago, so people can have a couple of cones now and commiserate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly.999 View Post
                    Personally neither for it or against it but have known many friends who were heavy users to committe suicide due to depression while on it.
                    Do you really believe that using marijuana made them commit suicide?

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzNwK7fzz38
                      FarRider # 159,

Comment

Ha ha.

He did a updated version also.

Comment

Originally posted by marras View Post

Do you really believe that using marijuana made them commit suicide?
                          The relationship with cannabis use and development of psychosis is well established.
                          The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

Originally posted by AZAZL View Post

The relationship with cannabis use and development of psychosis is well established.
                            Really.

Comment

Originally posted by marras View Post

Really.
                              Si!

Personally I agree with limited legalisation. Growing and using is legal but prosecute sale or distribution.
                              The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

Working...
                              X