Clive Palmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clive Palmer

Something that would have once been posted to the Pub thread, but since this is a ghost-town I thought I would drop it here.

Plenty of cartoonists have had a go at capturing this vile grub's essence but I think most have fallen short, so I cobbled together an image myself that I think portrays him best...

Click image for larger version

Name:	117674418_4164578016951023_5133953448410066370_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=EJLVU-pKXPQAX-AF7hq&_nc_ht=scontent.fper4-1.fna&oh=1c566639050b1823119e64c588fb9472&oe=5F62E7B7.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	5244318

AFAIK he never paid the workers at the Townsville Refinery what they were entitled.

He has made an art of making an absolute cunt of himself a-la the perpetual court cases & suits.

It's likely that a worker on average wages has contributed more to Australia than this vile person.

Comment

Originally posted by Skut View Post

so I cobbled together an image myself that I think portrays him best...
      This is nothing more than Ad hominem

Originally posted by Crim View Post
      AFAIK he never paid the workers at the Townsville Refinery what they were entitled.

In this regards he is a prick but this does not mean he is wrong about whatever he is on about now.

Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

Comment

Clive Palmer.... The Donald Trump of Australia.
        What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

I believe he wants to visit so he can sell the mine to the Chinese....wasnt one of his election gripes about Chinese having an airstrip somewhere here? also he went on and on about the Chinese ownership of Au companies etc....what a two faced cunt he is
          Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by datsikk View Post
            This is nothing more than Ad hominem

In this regards he is a prick but this does not mean he is wrong about whatever he is on about now.

Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.
            Stop using internet argument buzzwords and engage a bit of critical thinking. It's not "Ad hominem" (FFS!), it's a graphic portrayal of a guy who produces SFA, doesn't pay workers, and exploits the legal system to enrich himself as a serial, vexatious litigant - ie a fat bloated tick sucking the life out of what sustains him.

You think he's right "about whatever he is on about now"? Then you'll be happy to lose services and state funds to the tune of $30mil to gratify this gross parasite?

Seriously, I have tried to engage with you in order to get some decent discussion happening on this dying forum again but... honestly, you just seem to flail about with no due-diligence to a point of view other than sound-bites or "a doco I watched".

Comment

Originally posted by Skut View Post

Stop using internet argument buzzwords and engage a bit of critical thinking. It's not "Ad hominem" (FFS!),

You think he's right "about whatever he is on about now"? Then you'll be happy to lose services and state funds to the tune of $30mil to gratify this gross parasite?

Seriously, I have tried to engage with you in order to get some decent discussion happening on this dying forum again but... honestly, you just seem to flail about with no due-diligence to a point of view other than sound-bites or "a doco I watched".
              You have tried decent discussion? By name calling Palmer a tick. Are you still in the school yard?

Critical thinking? LOL! You are a contradiction of what you say you are.

I didn't say Palmer was right. I didn't say he was wrong either and for you to KNOW he is wrong says alot about you.

What does the cost have to do with his claim? Haven't mentioned a doco in this thread. Again that's a fallacy. You are attempting to bring another debate into this debate.

Just because you are ignorant of certain phrases, doesn't make them buzzwords. Understanding fallacies is the basis for critical thinking!

Comment

Originally posted by datsikk View Post
                You have tried decent discussion? By name calling Palmer a tick. Are you still in the school yard?

Critical thinking? LOL! You are a contradiction of what you say you are.

I didn't say Palmer was right. I didn't say he was wrong either and for you to KNOW he is wrong says alot about you.

What does the cost have to do with his claim? Haven't mentioned a doco in this thread. Again that's a fallacy. You are attempting to bring another debate into this debate.

Just because you are ignorant of certain phrases, doesn't make them buzzwords. Understanding fallacies is the basis for critical thinking!
                Dude, you may want to consider the difference between Socratic method and plain old banal sophistry when it comes to a debate/discussion. It may also help if you understand the meanings of the buzzwords you keep using.

Point 1: I am not "name-calling" Palmer a tick, I am caricaturing him as one as an illustration of his BEHAVIOUR. If I called him a fat slob THEN it would be ad hominem, as it irrelevant to the argument and little to do with his ACTIONS, which is what I am commenting on. A tick is a parasite that contributes nothing to its host and quite often causes it harm in order to glut itself. Palmer is a notorious serial and vexatious litigant who contributes little to nothing to the society that sustains him (ask his nickel plant workers) and exploits systems to his advantage, in essence poisoning the "host". So it is in fact an appropriate illustration of his behaviours and NOT an "ad hominem".

Point 2: You partially defend his actions by saying, "does not mean he is wrong about whatever he is on about now." Which is a) a bit of pointless sophistry, and b) lazy in the extreme as you can't even be bothered to learn and/or define what the 'whatever" is. So you're just leaping to his defense in order to sustain an argumentative point of difference - sophistry.

Point 3: Point 2 also relates to my comment about "seeing a doco" in another discussion as you are using the same lazy approach and lack of due diligence to argue your position. If you refuse to acknowledge evidence presented to you and yet rely on dubious single sources for evidence of your own then your case is lacking substance.

Point 3: Buzzwords. In the other discussion you kept banging on about "strawman" when the video you applied it to did not in fact present "strawman" arguments - to the contrary, there were a few that were rather "strongman". A strawman is taking a ridiculous or extremely weak example of the argument in order to tear it down wholesale - the cases presented in the video were well-known, high profile, and largely respected celebrity figures who were caught up in a range of dubious behaviours that led to them being supposedly "cancelled". There were no extremes like alt-right nutters or militant feminist separatists, or rabid racists - THAT would have been "strawman".

Point 4: I bring these things up as you are using the same argument tactics here as well. "What does cost have to do with his claim?" FFS it's EVERYTHING to do with his claim, it's the whole point of the image in the fricken first place. "I didn't say Palmer was right. I didn't say he was wrong either and for you to KNOW he is wrong says alot about you." More banal sophistry (without a point, or a held position, or a conviction - AND a little (very little, and meaningless) ad hominem tacked on the end. Of fucking course I am taking the position that he is wrong in his actions and motivations - it's the whole fucking point of the discussion/image as I would kinda prefer our state not be bankrupted to the tune of $30 BILLION just to further enrich a parasitic billionaire, so yeah, I guess that says a lot about me

Comment

Clive Palmer.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200810_101956.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	3.05 MB
ID:	5244334Click image for larger version

Name:	EefsUJjUYAA3DC-.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	5244335

Comment

Originally posted by Crim View Post

He has made an art of making an absolute cunt of himself a-la the perpetual court cases & suits.

It's likely that a worker on average wages has contributed more to Australia than this vile person.
                    I couldn't agree more with any post i have ever read anywhere than this one.

Comment

Working...
                    X