Tilt Bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilt Bike?

Premier Peter Beattie today called for calm over the release of the black box data and said the fact the train was speeding did not mean the drivers were at fault.

"Speed clearly is a factor here and that information has been released independently but we don't know whether the driver tried to stop the train," Mr Beattie told journalists.

"We don't know whether there was a malfunction; we don't know whether the weather impacted.

"There are many factors here that could have mitigated against the speed issue."
    I wonder if this will now apply to drivers of road vehicles who are union members?

:roll:
    I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

is it just me, or do these train accident occur with WAY too much frequency over east?! cant think of the last time we had one here (doesn't mean there wasn't one...maybe a few freight trains)

be safer to fly there instead I reckon!
    No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

You gotta hate those black boxes that report stuff exactly as it was... :x
      Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

"Sorry Officer, Speed clearly is a factor here ... but I don't know whether I tried to stop the bike.

I don't know whether there was a malfunction, I don't know whether the weather impacted.

There are many factors here that could have mitigated against the speed issue."

I wonder if that would work ??

Comment

what i like is that everyone is scared of being killed by a train flying off the tracks at them and their family, and the following news story was about one of the diseases caused by smoking claiming over 5000 lives per year..... and all they say is please try not to smoke......

seems some deaths from some things are socially acceptable, while others are not. road deaths are fine, but not train deaths, goddammit :?

Comment

what i like is that everyone is scared of being killed by a train flying off the tracks at them and their family, and the following news story was about one of the diseases caused by smoking claiming over 5000 lives per year..... and all they say is please try not to smoke......

seems some deaths from some things are socially acceptable, while others are not. road deaths are fine, but not train deaths, goddammit :?
            gotta luv the humans.

Comment

gotta luv the humans.
              hannibal did
              Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Working...
              X