No announcement yet.

Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of interface and software would I need if I wanted to plug electric guitar into computer, and have it play out of PC speakers?

Comment

• Originally posted by RTARD View Post
      What kind of interface and software would I need if I wanted to plug electric guitar into computer, and have it play out of PC speakers?
      Depending on your set up something like the Irig, if you have a Mac the you can do it with Garage band, and you just need an adaptor.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irig2/
      My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

• Thanks mate. This looks excellent.

Originally posted by Professor Redfern View Post
        Depending on your set up something like the Irig, if you have a Mac the you can do it with Garage band, and you just need an adaptor.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irig2/

Comment

• Originally posted by RTARD View Post
          What kind of interface and software would I need if I wanted to plug electric guitar into computer, and have it play out of PC speakers?
          This will also do the trick:

http://www.harveynorman.com.au/behri...Q&gclsrc=aw.ds

i bought a used one and use my bass and 6 string through on an imac with Logic Pro x or Garageband, sounds ok actually through Professor Redfern ' s old Logittech Desktop Speaker system , still going well probably no worse at low volumes to something like a little Fender Mustang, Line6 or Peavey Vampre.

i tried the iRig first with the intention off trying to do it through an ipad but i hated the ikmultimedia app, seemed a bit of a ripoff and the whole thing of doing it on a mobile device blew to be honest. seemed like even when you bought the app it just bought you the right to buy actual amp modelling like having to buy a fender pack or whatever ? the iRig itself worked well
          I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Professor Redfern View Post
              Hardwired is probably the only half decent songs on the album, and Spit out the bone. Kirk Hammett has become one of the worst solo players out of any known player, The riffs are the kind of thing Hetfield probably knocked up in an afternoon and the song writing in general has no real effort. I honestly think St Anger is better, even with the stupidly bad recording quality.

The new Kreator album on the other hand is something Im looking forward to.

Ive just had my first kid so at the moment Im fully into Rockabye baby albums. They are surprisingly good. The Cure one makes you realise just how beautiful The Cure music is

Well i like it... Think its a great album. It sounds like MetallicA...
              I do agree about kirk tho... He hasnt done much since the black album. Could be because he's not writting any of the songs ??? This album is all james and lars
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Gixxer 7 View Post
                Well i like it... Think its a great album. It sounds like MetallicA...
                I do agree about kirk tho... He hasnt done much since the black album. Could be because he's not writting any of the songs ??? This album is all james and lars
                I think Metallica have been around so long they are starting to suffer from what I call the RHCP effect, which is there are 2 RHCP, the funk band, and the homo shit stuff they make now days. Both versions have been around for over 15 years, as an olschool funk RHCP fan I cant stand their new shit but to someone who grew up loving the new shit, thats what they think RHCP is. So when they release a new album, it gets rave reviews because people want that By the way, Raindance maggie crap, but to a funk fan like me its complete crap.

Metallica is like that now, They are 30 years old and made 4/5 albums that were very much thrash metal and then changed, because they then started to become much more of an average mans rock band. Now the stuff they make is accepted by multiple groups for multiple reasons.

To me its sloppy, unimaginative, and basic, with the whole album not being anywhere near as good as anything on AJFA so its disappointing. To someone like yourself you might be expecting something else from Metallica so you like it. Its not to say you are right or wrong its pretty much like saying you like your Mums lasagna because its what you expect lasagna to be, but to me I expect it to be how my mum makes it.

In regards to KH writing songs, a while ago they put out an interview where they said that the reason why this album took so long is because KH had an iPod full of riffs that he lost and so that set them back, and basically they had to come up with heaps more riffs, so I cant say he did write Riffs, but it seems it was the plan that in general he contributes a lot. I don't see why he wouldn't have for this considering he had the extra year to at least come up with stuff.
                My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

• To me it sounds like a mix of their old stuff snd the load albums.... Its pretty much what i was expecting it to sound like. Its just old school metallica style.

I go for testament if i want something more in the guitar work... But saying that their new album doesnt quite have what the last 2 have.....

On kirk.... I watched an iterview with james last week... And one with lars last night. They said kirk lost his phone that had his riffs on it so he sat out on all the writting sessions and just came in to do solos. You'd think he'd still turn up to write stuff tho.... Explains ehy he's not seen im the making of videos theyve been posting up on youtube....
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Gixxer 7 View Post
                    To me it sounds like a mix of their old stuff snd the load albums.... Its pretty much what i was expecting it to sound like. Its just old school metallica style.

I go for testament if i want something more in the guitar work... But saying that their new album doesnt quite have what the last 2 have.....

On kirk.... I watched an iterview with james last week... And one with lars last night. They said kirk lost his phone that had his riffs on it so he sat out on all the writting sessions and just came in to do solos. You'd think he'd still turn up to write stuff tho.... Explains ehy he's not seen im the making of videos theyve been posting up on youtube....
                    Well that would explain the Kirk thing, and to be honest his solos do sound like he just turns up and rips them without putting any real thought into the overall song. I cant speak for them but it just feels like the make albums either for money or out of a sense of duty, but it feels like the passion is gone in terms of "lets make a Swansong".

I agree on Testament, I love them but the last album felt a little sterile, its technically great but the songs don't have as much feeling. Megadeth is the same, technically great but I think I can listen to the whole album and couldn't tell you a riff that I remember as being great.

Now days I think Exodus and Kreator are the only bands that I can really look forward to a new release.

Comment

• skip to the part where Alex is playing the solo... very cool to hear it without the band
                      sigpic

Comment

• Not a direct reply to your post, but a reminder to me to start playing more again.

Broke a string and my beautiful Maton sits in silence in the case ever since as I am a person with far too many hobbies.

Comment

• People who play guitars bigger than themselves.

They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

• Originally posted by boeman View Post
                            Not a direct reply to your post, but a reminder to me to start playing more again.

Broke a string and my beautiful Maton sits in silence in the case ever since as I am a person with far too many hobbies.
                            I know the feeling... Got 5 small kids and run my own business 6 days a week.... My guitars are all waaayy too dusty... I feel bad for them.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Nice to see there are other guitar lovers in the community. Don't worry, Gixxer. I bet your kids will appreciate them sooner or later. You will too when the kids grow up. haha
                              I think Skinny Views is a great option if you need weight loss advice.

Comment

• A (belated) happy Straturday to my fellow PSB guitarists!

Comment

Working...
                                X