How Do I Evict My Tenant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I Evict My Tenant

My place got rented out last week, and since then have had nothing but trouble. Went around there today to show them how to clean the pool and they were trashed at 10.00, drinking and walking through the place on my wooden floors after getting straight out of the pool. It was so wet inside. Since then I have had both neighbours ring up to complain about the noise, language and smell. Rang the Real Estate and have to meet them on Monday but can I evict them.

The Residential Tenancy Act requires you notify the tenant of their breaches (in writing of course) and give them 14 days to rectify them. After that, if the conditions are not met, you can give them a notice of eviction requiring them to vacate within 7 days.

However, tenants have a shitload of avenues to go down that can drag the process out.

What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

Comment

That's what I'm worried about. Think it is going to be a drawn out process.

Comment

What's wrong with drinking at 10am on a saturday morning?
        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Trashed thro, not just drinking.

It was you, wasn't it!

And on topic... CitD has it in one.

Comment

Tell them "computer says no"
            Then organise a PSB crew to stop by and re-enforce the message.
            Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

http://www.docep.wa.gov.au/ConsumerP...t_your_pro.pdf

That provides you a laymans 'overview'. The full act is the Residential Tenancies Act (http://www.slp.wa.gov.au/statutes/sw...25701F00248F4C) as the boys have said.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                What's wrong with drinking at 10am on a saturday morning?
                Waiting 'til 10.

What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

Comment

OK, well what's wrong with being trashed, drinking at home, at 10am in the morning? Fair enough the floors getting wet, etc - but the day my landlord tells me i can't have a beer in the property i'm renting is the day i leave messages in the lawn when i move out
                  “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Nothing wrong with being trashed and drinking at that hour, but not when your trashing my house and have no respect for anyone's else's property. Looks as though it is going to get messy and I'll have to go to court to serve an eviction notice.

Comment

4am balaclava job = confirmed eviction

Dubs

Comment

Now I'm hearing ya
                        Especially after I've just had one too many
                        Could get nasty

Comment

Yeah. You could burn'em out.

Comment

let me post up my address then
                            Looks as though I'll be going to see a Lawyer tomorrow

Comment

Did you lease the property privately, or through a property management/real estate company?

Would be interesting to see if the property manager screened the tennants prior to leasing.

Comment

Working...
                              X