Young People Who Care Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young People Who Care Awards

Just wanted to put it out there that if you know of a young person who cares in some way for a relative or friend who has an illness, disability, mental health issue or an alcohol or other drug problem, the Young People Who Care Awards are open for nominations.

Further information and on-line nominations are available at

Young People Who Care

There are hundreds of young people out in our community who voluntarily give up their time to care for others. If you know someone in this position and would like to give them a pat on the back and acknowledge that they are appreciated, think about nominating them.

Cheers, Gecks.

And if they want to know about FREE camps, social activities, tutoring etc; pm me plse

Nice work Gecks

Bump...

Comment

Gee, you will be lucky to find one of those
      I don’t ride to get to the end, I ride for that moment

Hop scotch, skip rope, tunnel ball & football, all the same to me
      If you cant ride it or fuck it, then its not sport

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...photos-100704/

Battlefeild 3 name = 5th_Eye

Comment

40,000 across Australia...known, that is. Many more around.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesal View Post
          40,000 across Australia...known, that is. Many more around.
          Sorry Diesal,
          I just found the equation of;
          Generation Y = young person who cares, a bit hard to believe
          I don’t ride to get to the end, I ride for that moment

Hop scotch, skip rope, tunnel ball & football, all the same to me
          If you cant ride it or fuck it, then its not sport

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...photos-100704/

Battlefeild 3 name = 5th_Eye

Comment

Me too, but have seen otherwise now. And if you're not exposed to it, you wouldn't know. Thought that you may have been referring to Gen Y stuff

I have dealt with quite a few kids that cope with situations most of us wouldn't imagine, and they actively contribute to helping their 'person' get by on a day to day level. I've had kids as young as seven looking after somebody. Unfortunately, they don't get their recogition or support due to stigmas and *cough* 'perceived' child protection issues. Its' been pretty rewarding (personally) to be involved with these kids, but yes, on the whole, I know where you're coming from

(moreso) On topic...these kids do more than what most of would have done as children - they may prompt their person to do their daily tasks, give them medication, talk to health pros on their behalf, provide major emotional support, do the shopping and cooking, travel with the parent, pay the bills, keep the house clean, look after their brothers and sisters...

Comment

Working...
            X