Gotta Love this Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta Love this Weather

I don't ride bikes but I know what its like not being able to ride because of bad weather due to owning horses and I always seem to get stuck in the rain when feeding them.
    I hope you are all prepaired for a little bit more wild weather tonite and ride safely on the roads with all the dickheads out in cars they all seem to want to get real close to ya arse end at traffic lights in this type of weather.
    But we need the rain after the incident with the water pipe.

Originally posted by Frezno_Demon@May 18 2005, 02:16 PM
    I don't ride bikes but I know what its like not being able to ride because of bad weather due to owning horses and I always seem to get stuck in the rain when feeding them.
    [snapback]119864[/snapback]
    a bike has got a little more horse power

than your average horse

Comment

---

Comment

Originally posted by Magenta Tiger@May 18 2005, 07:20 AM
        Spoken like a true scooter rider, Ever worked out how much torque a horse might produce? And the traction they achieve compared to any wheeled vehicle is in the mindboggling range.
        [snapback]119902[/snapback]

Cool, so I can do 1 to 100 on one in 2 or 3 seconds?
        Whoever is unjust, let him be unjust still

Whoever is righteous, let him be righteous still

Whoever is filthy... let him be filthy still

Comment

Originally posted by Magenta Tiger@May 18 2005, 03:20 PM
          Spoken like a true scooter rider, Ever worked out how much torque a horse might produce? And the traction they achieve compared to any wheeled vehicle is in the mindboggling range.
          [snapback]119902[/snapback]
          first off i hate scooters (no offence to the scooterers out there)
          and secondly can a horse do 300km/h

p.s can a horse do a 1km wheelie with out getting tried

Comment

can you get your knee down on a horse
            Originally posted by Friedrich Hayek
            "The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

Comment

I tried to do a stoppy on a horse once. Wasnt pretty.

Comment

Having been a horse owner/rider for some 10 years and now a bike rider, be way more afraid of the horse.

Being on a horse when they are doing a blind galloping "bolt" to anyplace you are preying they wont go to, with no control, flimsy little leather reins in your hands, the animals ability to prop and turn on a 10c piece with no notice. Add to that the joy of being in a jumping competition when ya trusty steed decides to chuck a mental and your faced with 6ft Jumps (lots of nasty poles n fences) not to mention the loverly arena fences, blurred vision cuz you cant focus on the world around you when they throw in the bucking bronco routine.....and lets face it Joddy's n the gumby stack hat aint going to save much when you stack it.

An my parents think my bike habit is dangerous? Yet they were quite happy for me to be all of 12, jump on a horse 16hh, point n fire the animal over 6ft fences.

Despite having a mushed ankle due to a non attentive driver. Go the bike anyday!

Comment

Get out and ride in the rain. It'll teach ya to ride smooth.

Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

Originally posted by Flakey@May 18 2005, 04:19 PM
                    Get out and ride in the rain. It'll teach ya to ride smooth.

[snapback]119941[/snapback]

On the horse ?

Comment

Originally posted by burnoutnut@May 18 2005, 03:33 PM
                      first off i hate scooters  (no offence to the scooterers out there)
                      and secondly can a horse do 300km/h

p.s can a horse do a 1km wheelie with out getting tried
                      [snapback]119908[/snapback]
                      last time you rode a horse, you filmed it, put it on the internet and got arrested in the process huh?

Comment

Originally posted by CAD@May 18 2005, 08:35 AM
                        last time you rode a horse, you filmed it, put it on the internet and got arrested in the process huh? 
                        [snapback]119952[/snapback]
                        Haha

i think if seen it

Comment

how the hell did this thread get so off topic???

i love riding in the rain, but haven't decided if i will use the bike tonight or not....

ride safe peeps, and please stay upright..

Comment

points to signature.. my mind wanders ( my excuse )

But I love riding in the rain, I guess learning in winter and having all my lessons in the wet makes me comfy in the rain on a bike.

Comment

I love riding in the rain too, gotta be extra cautious, but it's still riding, and even funnier when cagers give me a sorrowful look at the lights coz it's pissing down and i'm out in it.

Under my one-piece rain suit I'm warm, dry and having fun.
                              Feed 'em to the pigs, Errol....

Comment

Working...
                              X