Nascar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nascar

What's your opinions of NASCAR? Im watching a race now, and I've seen a few, and really, its not too shabby. Wide tracks= lots of overtaking, and the way it works means they're probably in the corners harder than equal level circuit racing-( my theory- 2 easy corners= pushing right to the edge, plenty of crashes, bumps etc)

Who cares that they're simple carb fed pushrod motors, keeps the costs low and allows more teams, giving more depth.

Oh and if you're gonna say 'they go round in circles, hurr hurr'- STFU
    Yes, good racing
    40.35%
    No, but i like the idea
    8.77%
    No, i only like the highest tech racing
    0.00%
    Hurr hurr they go in circles
    50.88%
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

what channel is this on? some of the crashes are epic

Comment

its on the new channel 10 hd. one hd i think it is?

Comment

yeah, one hd. My new favourite channel.
        If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

nothing wrong with pushrod....Gen 3's are pushrod

Comment

Wait until they have to race on a track with more than 2 corners.
            Hilarity ensues.

Comment

^^^ one

the best racing is on daytona and talledaga. these tracks are so fast all cars are limited to like 200mphish, because they never lift of the throttle, the result? 3/4 wide racing at 200mph for like hundreds of miles. very sick!!!

the smaller tracks are not as good as the power of differing cars effects the accel out of corners hence the field spreads
              The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Revelations View Post
                nothing wrong with pushrod....Gen 3's are pushrod
                lol

Comment

Thats great fun too, but yeah, not their forte. It'd be like a drag racer going oval track racing, they'd be shithouse.

Comment

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh5GcesvcxM]YouTube - NASCAR wrecks[/ame]

Comment

Damn, the second crash was brutal!
                      See what I mean about them not being able to drive/negotiate corners?

Comment

lol

Comment

Nah, my theory is that easier corners= pushingharder, hence more crashes.
                          Unless that vid is a circuit, i didnt watch coz im shaped.

Comment

I saw a race last season that was a circuit in Canada (not an oval) and Marcus Ambrose left them for dead. Showed his true colours in this format that he now drives.
                            Pitty everyone else was so shit cos every time someone came off they had the pace car out and they all caught up again.

Comment

It's not as fun since they added the flaps on the roof at the back, to stop them taking off when facing backwards. You don't get half the fun you used to see... refer that video from Squash
                              For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                              For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Working...
                              X