Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very cool Philips 'short movie' (advertisement)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very cool Philips 'short movie' (advertisement)

This has got an awesome feel to it.
    Lots of different emotions, experiences and 'feel' to extract from a 'freeze'.
    It really puts you in the middle of the chaos.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YFkcwtpGZo]YouTube - Carousel, directed by Adam Berg (Stink Digital)[/ame]

CAROUSEL, A short film Created entirely by Stink Digital, this new interactive campaign promotes Philips latest entrant into the television market, the CINEMA 21:9. Since the televisions 21:9 fram...

Very cool. Enjoyed it, thanks.

Comment

I see what he did there......
      Have you won the game recently?? Post here

Comment

what was that movie where they robbed a bank or something, and wired hostages as human claymores.

had a similar 3D effect where they did a 360 degree time lapse outward spiral that followed the explosions expansion and finished with someone lying on the floor watching a ball bearing rolling across the floor and coming to rest
        Originally posted by Bendito
        If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by g0zer View Post
          what was that movie where they robbed a bank or something, and wired hostages as human claymores.

had a similar 3D effect where they did a 360 degree time lapse outward spiral that followed the explosions expansion and finished with someone lying on the floor watching a ball bearing rolling across the floor and coming to rest
          Fuck, I know the one. Had a stupidly long starting scene with John Travolta bitching about hollywood. Can't remember the name.

Comment

Swordfish.
            Originally posted by Red_is_Best
            hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Shitefish

Comment

10 points to fastgirl.

Comment

Nice find Rhino. It's an advert for Philips 21:9 ratio cinema TV. Saw a demo in Malaysia last year, amazing looking set.
                  Originally posted by Abuse this
                  Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

I never understood how they do this effect especially when they do 360 views.
                    My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Well, this is NOT a matrix 'bullet time' thing or whatever they called it where they place about 30 cameras in a circle and takes frames from each one.

From my 'research' it uses actors, dummies and props, wired, with one or several pans/tracks/dollys and it is all removed post production. A few seamless camera swaps as well perhaps? Can't see how it could be done in one take.

I think there are links on youtube to a bit of a behind the scenes...

The opening scene from swordfish was mint when you see the reflection in the ball bearing.
                      Oh to be Hugh Jackman in that one

Comment

It looks like the set itself is static and the actors(or at least some of the trickier poses) are digital inserts.

(They haven't removed the jitter quite properly from a few of them)

Edit: can really see it in the higher def version, http://s3.amazonaws.com/beam_offsite...File_pplus.mov

Very very cool though, cunning clown after all that...
                        "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

Working...
                        X