Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Thread for Random Photos (That dont deserve their thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ranmar850
    replied
    Just back from a good stay up on Ningaloo Station. For a coastal location, it certainly turns on the Milky Way. This is my first attempt at Pano stacking with MW shots--six vertical, with the Samyang 14mm manual lens on the faithful Pentax K-x. iso 6400, 20 sec exposure, f2.8.

Leave a comment:

• ranmar850
    replied
    Not a photo, drone footage of a recent trip , shot by a mate, edited by me. I've now gone out and bought a drone myself. Shot at the Montebello Islands, off the Pilbara coast.

Leave a comment:

• Hillz
    replied
    so like 1000's of people i got a pic of the plane... i had to rush the lady at subway so i wouldnt get stuck behind it

Leave a comment:

• Geeman
    replied
    There is a track to the top of Panna hill too, there has been a wedding up there!!

The Euros track is about half way back to the highway, turning left (south) off the bitumen and a few km in. Probably need some current local knowledge as looking at google maps there is a lot of development in between the Mesa J and Mesa A mine sites which is about where Euros Bluff is.

Leave a comment:

• ranmar850
    replied
    I only found Pannawonica Hill the day after that. Would've likely been a better place tophotgraph that storm from, possibly. Where is Euros Bluff? On the Millstream road?

Leave a comment:

• Geeman
    replied
    Originally posted by ranmar850 View Post
    Sorta looks like bad CGI. Or, to the tower--"are you feeling lucky?" Thats a full-size Telstra tower on that hill.
    Havent been there for a few years but i know the area pretty well. If you have time Euros Bluff is very photogenic with the river up around this time of year, not that far out of town.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ranmar850
    replied
    Originally posted by Geeman View Post
    Pretty sure you have screenshotted a Thor movie there
    Sorta looks like bad CGI. Or, to the tower--"are you feeling lucky?" Thats a full-size Telstra tower on that hill.

Leave a comment:

• Geeman
    replied
    Originally posted by ranmar850 View Post
    A Few more. These have a little blur in them, as if I had some slight camera movement on the tripod.

Pretty sure you have screenshotted a Thor movie there

Leave a comment:

• ranmar850
    replied
    A Few more. These have a little blur in them, as if I had some slight camera movement on the tripod.

Leave a comment:

• ranmar850
    replied
    Time for some more lightning. Up at Pannawonica early this week, got one good night. It was a bit far away, so required some heavy cropping. Until it got too close, and I was losing shots to overexposure until i stopped the aperture down. None of these are layered, all single exposures. No saturation or temp shift done, just the usual exposure, highlights, sharpness, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Hillz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Para045
    replied
    Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
    They have shrunk quite a bit in recent years, and almost all of them are black with only a few sponsor logos on them, so they are quite easy to miss.
    Yet a cop would see them at a 1000 yards

Leave a comment:

• TurboR1
    replied
    They have shrunk quite a bit in recent years, and almost all of them are black with only a few sponsor logos on them, so they are quite easy to miss.

Leave a comment:

• datsikk
    replied
    Originally posted by chew View Post

Holly Batman! In all my years of watching Motogp, I had never noticed that these bikes have a rear wheel fender! This one seems rather large?

Leave a comment:

• Mad Mel
    replied
    That is an awesome find!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

Working...
X