Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What a way to go...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What a way to go...

    Poor bastard.

    A GERMAN worker was boiled alive in an empty industrial-sized soup vat while trying to clean it, tabloid newspaper Bild reported.
    The 36-year-old, named only as Markus, was scrubbing the two-metre-high pot when the lid accidentally closed, automatically starting the jets of boiling water used to disinfect vegetables.
    "For reasons we have still not cleared up, the disinfection process started too soon," a police spokesman told the paper.
    By the time the unfortunate worker was found, he was already dead, Bild reported.
    The factory in Luebeck in northern Germany, which employs around 200 people, has been "provisionally closed," according to its owners, Erasco - a subsidiary of US soup-maker Campbell's.
    "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

  • #2
    thats horrible
    RIP ADRIAN LEE
    16-12-1986 - 22-3-2007
    I had plenty of time to rub one out in space which was great but after awhile it was like living in a snowglobe - Peter Griffin

    Comment


    • #3
      Horrible thing to happen, no following of best practice going on there.

      Isolate big dangerous shit before working on it.
      such comment
      wow
      many post

      Comment


      • #4
        Campbells big n chunky?


        Seriously though, poor guy...wouldn't have been quick either.

        But boiled..

        would he have burnt or drowned first?
        Originally posted by T-roy
        Men don't understand lady's,
        Lady's don't understand lady's,
        Animals don't understand lady's,
        God doesn't even understand lady's.

        There is no fucking point!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Sulph View Post
          would he have burnt or drowned first?
          Combination of both I would suspect.

          Inhaling steam at that temperature, fill lungs with boiling hot water = fucked.

          Note: I am not a doctor, I don't even play one on television.
          such comment
          wow
          many post

          Comment


          • #6
            horrendous death, fuck!

            Comment


            • #7
              oh fuck....poor Markus. Glad I'm not a fan of premade soups.
              Riding - Living the dream...

              Comment


              • #8
                mmmmmmmm, soup.
                If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

                Comment


                • #9
                  At a boxed beef factory (one step removed from a slaughterhouse) in Calgary, a worker dropped his glasses into the hopper that feed the meat mincer. He reached down to get them, and ended up going through the machine. NOTE: event happened more than thirty years ago.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Edited
                    Guess what? I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      You wanna hear about a terrible way to go?

                      Flywheel bisection.

                      "We had powered-up the flywheel and was preparing to test yet another combination of bearings, magnets, and high tensile frame structure. It was giving off a most pleasant thrum and there was hardly any deviation in the floating axis. Suddenly there was a weird sounding pop, and the warning systems came on-line. This shut down the power to the flywheel and engaged the slow-brake to power down the spin. Unfortunately this was too little and too late. The floating axis shifted and sent harmonic vibrations throughout the support structure. With an ear-piercing squeal the highly spinning metal gave off its death cry. The device literally came apart sending shrapnel in a vector perpendicular to the common axis of the flywheel. The safety shield that incased the device did not live up to its design as the debris tore through it like so much tissue paper. Unfortunately there was a fellow standing in front of it when this happened. Like a scene out of some sick horror flick, he was instantly split from crotch to forehead. Considering the amount of damage, it was amazing that we suffered only the one death.

                      The project was canceled shortly after that.

                      …as interesting as this article is, I wish that I had not read the damn thing. It brought back bad memories. Memories that are just as vivid as if it just happened. I was standing next to him, and as he fell I tried to catch him… "

                      Yeah, didn't think so.
                      When two wrongs fail to make a right, it is because the second wrong was of insufficient magnitude.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'd take instant death over the minutes of agony that is being boiled alive
                        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Crazy Germans....oh wai....shit way to go...
                          SP RACINGis supported by:
                          MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
                          Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
                          Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by barfridge View Post
                            I'd take instant death over the minutes of agony that is being boiled alive

                            ....depends...... if the steam was hot enough, he may have died within seconds.
                            Have you won the game recently?? Post here


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Cam View Post
                              Horrible thing to happen, no following of best practice going on there.

                              Isolate big dangerous shit before working on it.

                              whs.

                              someone's arse should get REAMED for failing to properly isolate the gear, or removing isolation tags if they were fitted....

                              if the dude cleaning didn't isolate properly... sorry but thats darwinism at work...
                              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X