Getting into audio mixing - any help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting into audio mixing - any help?

hey everyone, Im looking at getting some hardware now that ive got the hang of the basics with my virtual dj program..
    Can anyone offer advice, or point me in the direction of some advice on what works well and some good products? the idj and ns7 look pretty good.
    I just mainly wanna blend songs and screw with them for parties ect.. cheers
    wood for life? wood is life.
    Originally posted by thro
    i only squid it when riding pissed.

I think I just threw up in my mouth... an IDJ??? an NS7?

I'm an unbeleiver in Serrato - drag n drop DJing is NOT DJing (even CDJ which I do is cheating IMHO)

BUT... If you want to play with digital then have a look here. I bought my kit from them and found them cheapest with good info and range

DJWarehouse
    Last edited by Shady7/8; 11-06-2009, 01:47 PM.
    Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
    One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
    . .

Comment

Digital djing is not cheating. Get with the times hey.

If you're looking at getting more into it, give Traktor a go. There's also a lot more midi controllers that ard built for traktor and work seamlessly.

Ignore the previous post, you'll read a lot about ppl claiming its cheating but have a look at what todays world reknowned djs use, maŁ‰nstream and underground. I could elaborate more later, on a phone atm.
      Posted via Mobile Device
      PSB Roller - http://soundcloud.com/talon

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow78 View Post
        I think I just threw up in my mouth... an IDJ??? an NS7?

I'm an unbeleiver in Serrato - drag n drop DJing is NOT DJing (even CDJ which I do is cheating IMHO)

BUT...
        Have a look here. I bought my kit from them and found them cheapest with good info and range

DJWarehouse
        I guess Tiesto's a cheat then huh? Vynal's had it's day Leave the nostalgia behind and get with the times.

A couple of local places to try before you buy. Here and here.

Fk the haters with their wheels-a-steel and stupidly priced stylus.
        In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
        Its the little things that make the difference
        Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
        If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Word.

Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

Vinyl will never die... and digital djing is only cheating if you press the SYNC button and dont beat match yourself... i have a BCD3000 ($250) for keeping the ear in and toying with. ok for casual house parties... whats your budget? that will soon determine what you can get.
            sigpic
            http://www.caschibye.it/page/curiosita.htm

Comment

Its not cheating ffs, beatmatching is the past. Make room for creative fx and triple drops WITH creative fx.

Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

lulz. cheating.

so... cdj's = cheating, traktor / serato / ableton = cheating.

therefore. fuel injection = cheating, abs = cheating etc etc.

kek.
                Need your suspension tuned? See Marty MOOSE! | Need something out of the ordinary? See Gav (GD Engineering)!

Comment

around 1-2k.. i have some speakers but eventually ill upgrade

Comment

Exactly. I might add tho, in the end they are purely tools, how u use them is what really counts. You're on the stage, u gotta look busy.

Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

Originally posted by harns View Post
                      around 1-2k.. i have some speakers but eventually ill upgrade

best be trying second hand for that budget
                      In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
                      Its the little things that make the difference
                      Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
                      If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Traktor, a good controller and some decent headphones/speakers are all u need to start off.
                        Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

im aquiring traktor now... its hard fading/blending and cotrolling a few things at once with a mouse thats why im interested in some hardware

Comment

Check out the VCI or VCM 600 or check the NI website for recommended controllers. Youtube for tutorials, learn EQ ing first and foremost. Then dive into fx n looping, harmonic mixing, etc.
                            Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

Depends on what you want to play really.

Traktor, Ableton etc... are good for the digital DJ and easy enough for anyone to pick up and play with. I think what Shadow 7/8ths was getting at is that there are so many guys out there that only use the digital platform, they cant beatmatch, they can't mix, they pretty much can't do anything unless the program does it. If they haven't got access to it then they can't play, they just trainwreck. there's no skill in pressing auto sync, auto cue and then mixing.

I prefer mixing on CD's to digital, I find there's more feel to it as mixing MP3's feels a little too detatched for me. I enjoy mixing Vinyl the most, but it's rather expensive.

Pretty much every concert or club I've been to uses the Pioneer CDJ1000MK3, expensive, but easy to use. The CDJ400 can be used as a MIDI controller for Traktor, is a bit cheaper and a bit smaller. Pioneer is not the be all and end all though.

If you have 2k to spare this will allow you to mix on CD's as well as Traktor http://www.djwarehouse.com.au/cat/in...uct_id=1172945 Dennon is a well trusted brand and will last a long time. They're reliable, they are repairable and they hold their value reasonably well.
                              Last edited by Goofy; 11-06-2009, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X