Fixed: Fluorescant light problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixed: Fluorescant light problem

I have 2 light fittings in my house with no dimmer switch on them and they don't want to work with a flourescant bulb.

The bulbs work fine in other fittings and the fittings work fine with incandescant bulbs but they just won't work with the flourescant bulbs.

I'm trying to save power and stuff but what the hell??

I just have no idea how they don't seem to work with flourescant but work fine with incandescant??

Any ideas?
    Last edited by likefry; 23-06-2009, 01:54 PM.
    Wes

hmmm, measure the voltage of the socket?

are the terminals making a good contact?

Comment

wierd. flourescents wont work with a dimmer, but fucked if i know why the only 2 fittings without dimmers wouldnt work. you absolutely sure there's no dimmer on the fittings that wont work?
      "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

yep absolutely sure as there are no dimmer switches in the entire house.
        Wes

Comment

Mate came around with a multimeter and the voltage was good.

Turns out the flourescant bulb was a slightly different shape to the incandescant one so it wasn't contacting the side terminal.

Used a insulated screwdriver and bent the side tab out a little bit and presto they work.
          Wes

Comment

Working...
          X