Footballer banned for live penis flash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Footballer banned for live penis flash

THE Tasmanian football player who flashed his penis on live television has been suspended indefinitely.
    The Mercury reports Clarence player Tim Orchard, 22, offered no excuse or defence over the incident, which saw footage of his penis go out live on ABC TV on Saturday afternoon.

His club told him he must also undertake community service if he wants to play again and handed down a four-part ruling stating that:

He will not play in any home and away games or finals games for the 2009 Tasmanian State League football season;

He undertake a community service program of tasks determined in consultation with AFL Tasmania;

He undertake a program of professional counselling to modify his behaviour and attitude as demonstrated by this incident; and

His future at the club will be determined at the end of the 2009 season after a review of his performance in undertaking the community support work.

"I'd like to apologise for my actions last Saturday," Orchard said.

"I've embarrassed myself, the club, the supporters, the sponsors and everyone associated with the club."

Clarence president Richard Mulligan said it was just "one of those impulse things" that he will probably regret for the rest of his life.

"We feel we have got to support him as well," he said.

Read the full story at The Mercury

Why did he embarrass himself?
    Was it cold?

Comment

I saw it on the news, his mate was being interviewed and he was in the background clothed. Unzipped his fly and flopped it out... funny as but the media didnt appreciate it.

I wonder if it would be different if it was a female flashing her breasts? Would people be offended?

Comment

Yeah, he's no Paul Haselby.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the photographer and/or paper got in serious trouble for publishing that photo. Whats the point of paying editors if they miss something like that? He hasnt had trouble finding the ladeez since though

The case in Tassie is a bit different as it was deliberate.

Comment

Originally posted by Bundera78 View Post
            I saw it on the news, his mate was being interviewed and he was in the background clothed. Unzipped his fly and flopped it out... funny as but the media didnt appreciate it.

I wonder if it would be different if it was a female flashing her breasts? Would people be offended?
            Not sure... were people offended by Janet Jackson's 'wardrobe malfunction'?
            Six speed.... so that's five and reverse.... right????

Comment

takes a bit more than a womans breast to offend most people

Comment

I get a bit bored of the sterile political correct environment we all live in where all high profile sports people are meant to robotic creatures who role out the cliches week after week.

When someone stirs things things up a little, as long as no-one is hurt, then I'm all for it.

Comment

Can you compare a breast flash to a penis flash though? In different leagues I think

Comment

Originally posted by Emily View Post
                    In different leagues I think
                    How so?

(I mean apart from "DICKS R GAY LOL")

Comment

Originally posted by Emily View Post
                      Can you compare a breast flash to a penis flash though? In different leagues I think
                      Very true Emily, the upper half of a persons body is more socially acceptable to be viewed than the bottom half (and usually more attractive). Hence the TV industry has guidelines restricting genitals shown on TV and not breasts.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxo View Post
                        How so?

(I mean apart from "DICKS R GAY LOL")
                        What Bund said.

Why would I think "DICKS R GAY"?
                        Last edited by Emily; 23-06-2009, 03:04 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

^ and cause boobs are awesome.
                          Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

^WHS, more bewbs, less weiner in the media is what that story is all about and yet stories like this still make the news.

Comment

whs?
                              Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

Working...
                              X