No announcement yet.

WAPOL blitz on unlicensed drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so you wont get your bike impounded for riding out of class? im still a month off on the GSXR
    wood for life? wood is life.
    Originally posted by thro
    i only squid it when riding pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by harns View Post
      so you wont get your bike impounded for riding out of class? im still a month off on the GSXR
      Careful, don't be a hatemagnet mang (and no , afaik you don't get your stuff impounded for out of class)

Comment

DO Jiffy vans sell donuts?

If they do, than that's why it was impounded, saves having to a blue light run down to the donut shop for their sugar fix.
        Life seems more precious when there's less of it to waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Pat View Post
          Because of the stupid way that system is implemented, a lot of those sorts of suspended drivers (fines related) are unaware that they are suspended.

Stupidly, if you lose your license for points or similar, the police HAVE to serve the notice on you (I do know this ) and you have to sign the paperwork.

However, as I understand it, if you get a fines-related suspension, they just note it and "attempt" to serve you the notice. If they can't find you, too bad, you're still suspended - without even knowing it. A great injustice here I feel ... and too bad if you have an accident - insurance won't cover you. This is a scandal.
          police don't serve the notices anymore and haven't for a while, DPI do.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonpb View Post
            DPI don't any more - they no longer exist.
            It would then, now be Department of Transport.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonpb View Post
              Originally posted by mark_rattigan View Post
              DPI don't any more - they no longer exist.
              It would then, now be Department of Transport.
              However it has transpired, you still have to be served a notice?...or go to a cop shop to hand it in?

AFAIK, you have to sign an acknowledgement that you are with a current license. Mind you, I lost mine the best part of 15 years ago...
              Dead Man's Hand
              Internationational Porter Protection Group
              Just call me Pat

Comment

A mate of mine received a nice little letter in the mail 2 weeks ago stating that if was to lose his licence due to the accrual of 12 points, they would come and get his car. (he got the letter as he's only a few points away)

Still think these laws are so awesome?

Yes impouding unlicenced peoples cars when caught is great, but not at a expense of getting this other laws through.

Comment

Originally posted by Foetus View Post
                  A mate of mine received a nice little letter in the mail 2 weeks ago stating that if was to lose his licence due to the accrual of 12 points, they would come and get his car. (he got the letter as he's only a few points away)
                  Er... you sure about that?

Feel free to have him edit out personal details and post the letter. I got a very similar one, and nowhere does it mention coming to remove any of my vehicles if I accrue further points against my license. Pretty sure your mate is pulling your leg.
                  such comment
                  wow
                  many post

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
                    Er... you sure about that?

Feel free to have him edit out personal details and post the letter. I got a very similar one, and nowhere does it mention coming to remove any of my vehicles if I accrue further points against my license. Pretty sure your mate is pulling your leg.
                    hmmm, i will try to get a look at it. He seemed pretty sure about it, but for all i know he could have read it wrong.

Comment

Just some extra info I came across.

From 1 July 2009 amendments to the Road Traffic Act 1974 will enable police to impound a vehicle for 28 days for certain driver’s licence offences.

Police cannot/will not seize a vehicle for an unauthorised driving offence associated with:
                      • Expired Licence (not renewed, forgot etc)
                      • Never held
                      • Driving out of class
                      • Driving contrary to driver’s licence conditions
                      • Fine suspension (licence lost for unpaid fines)
                      • Learner driver without instructor
                      • Novice driver breaching curfew

A vehicle can be/will be seized for 28 days for the following offences:
                      • Unauthorised driving – licence has been Suspended, Cancelled or Disqualified by a court;
                      • Unauthorised driving – DPI have refused to renew a person’s driver’s licence, or refused to issue a person with a driver’s licence;
                      • Unauthorised driving – licence is subject to Demerit Point Disqualification; or
                      • The person has an Extraordinary Licence and is driving Contrary to a Condition Relating to the time, purpose or location.

Comment

Working...
                      X