HELP - I've been sucked in by a scam!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP - I've been sucked in by a scam!

I've lost a little bit of money by purchasing something on the internet. It said that I would get a confirmation of my order by email. I have sent them an email saying that I have not heard from them and am a little concerned about my order as I have paid! Now when I try to open the website, it doesn't work!

I don't know what to do and feel like an idiot!

Any helpful suggestions?
    Splling n grammaz rebel fo lyfe. Wotevs homoez.

you can report the website to probably someone like ACCC or maybe even AFP but i'm afraid your money is gone ...

Comment

first of all...how did you pay? If it's paypal, lodge a complaint with them. If by credit card you should be able to reverse the transaction. If it was just a direct deposit, you may be out of luck.
      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

It was credit card! How can I reverse it? it was about 3 days ago, still ok?

Comment

Contact your bank. Pronto.
          Originally posted by Viper
          I'm probably fucking something up.
          FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
          Administrator

Comment

Thank you!!!! just about to start work, it'll have to wait until lunchtime. this is scary! never happened to me before as I don't buy a lot of things off the internet! from now on I'm sticking to ebay and asking lotsa questions before buying anything! I really hope my bank can help!

Comment

Even Ebay has it's risks Elise... I've been done for a few hundred bucks on there before

Alwso check out online stores like oo.com.au and Dealsdirect.com.au everten.com.au(kitchen gear) strawberrynet.com (cosmetics/perfumes) etc etc
              Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
              One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
              . .

Comment

Only 3 days? You should be fine
                For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

How much $$ involved here?

Comment

Elise...I don't know who you work for, or what you do. However, I'd be telling my supervisor/manager etc right now, that you have discovered fraudulent activity in regard to your CC and you need to contact your bank NOW. It will only take 5 minutes to resolve this with the bank.

This happened to me on Friday evening. CC's were cancelled inside 3 minutes, and I had new Credit Cards mailed to me on Wednesday. I just have to wait for the new access numbers (should be today).

When I said "pronto" I meant....NOW. Don't wait, try and get it done now.
                    Originally posted by Viper
                    I'm probably fucking something up.
                    FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
                    Administrator

Comment

Hope you get your money back

EDIT What did you buy if i may ask

Comment

There may be a 1800 number on the back of your credit card to ring.
                        Perhaps also check with the bank to see if you should cancel your card and have a new one issued. After all, the dodgy mob now has your number.

Good luck sweet.

Posted via Mobile Device
                        sigpic

Comment

A lot of Credit cards these days have insurance against fraud. You can simply contact the bank and ask them to reverse the charges (you will have to fill out a form).

Having said that, just because you haven't heard from them and the website is down doesn't' necessarily mean it is a scam. There may be a technical problem with email/website. Also, remember if you bought it from the US you'll be hard pressed to get much response out of small operators this week due to the 4th July holidays. A lot of US folk take the week off.

What's the website?

Comment

All Mastercards have that "Falcon" anti-fraud stuff on it.
                            Not sure what is on a VISA but I'd imagine it's something similar...
                            c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

Just to echo what others have said, it would be worth contacting your credit card provider and speaking to them. They will help you recover or reverse the charges if need be.

It could also be possible the company in question is having communications problems? If they're not responding to email and their website is down, it could be a technical hitch and not a scam.

If you want to PM me the URL and any company info I can try to dig around a little.

**edit: You're looking okay so far, haven't found anything sketchy on the company, very likely just website or comms difficulties as they appear to be back up and running now. No complaints on consumer boards or anything I've found yet either, but will keep looking.
                              Last edited by Sunshine & F'n Rainbows; 03-07-2009, 10:47 AM.
                              such comment
                              wow
                              many post

Comment

Working...
                              X