Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USS George Washington

Anybody been down to see the big ship?

Should see plenty of F-18's flying about the northern skies over the next week.

07 MV F41000R
    09 Blazing orange Speed Triple
    07 CBR 600RR trackbike
    sigpic http://www.ozspeedphotography.com/

Plenty of it's sailors wandering around town today.

Comment

I was spewing nine news said the boat was open to the public this weekend so I started organising to go see it only for them at the end of the broadcast say they got it wrong and that it's not open

Isn't the boat staying 3 km's off shore anyway? Well that's what I heard anyway.
      RIP ADRIAN LEE
      16-12-1986 - 22-3-2007
      I had plenty of time to rub one out in space which was great but after awhile it was like living in a snowglobe - Peter Griffin

Comment

Pity it is not docked in the harbor. It would be awesome to see up close but these big suckers wont fit. They stay out in Gauge Roads, as you said, about 3kms off shore. (plus being Nuclear I doubt they would let anyone on it, thats also probably another reason it doesn't come into dock... too many protesters)

Bloody terrorism doesn't allow you to do anything remotely interesting anymore.....

Many years ago when I was little tacka I got to go on the USS Ranger when it was docked in Freo. Was pretty cool. They had guided tours of the ship, mainly in the below deck hangers and up on flight deck. Even for one of the smallest carriers in the fleet it was still pretty amazing to get a feel for the scale of the thing !

Comment

awesome ship. just amazing.

Comment

its alright....i guess

Comment

Hahahahahahaha.

It's not docked because it's NUCLEAR. Freo council has been having a sad since God knows when about Nuclear powered sea vehicles.

I had a tour of America's last diesel powered Aircraft carrier, was a pity because it didn't even have any jet powered aircraft on it...

Comment

I went onboard for a while yesterday, I got a few Yank mates on there.
                No doubt all the Perth Ladiez are hunting Yankee tonight...
                Christie. 1972-2012. RIP my dear friend. Never forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by randomman View Post
                  Hahahahahahaha.

It's not docked because it's NUCLEAR. Freo council has been having a sad since God knows when about Nuclear powered sea vehicles.

I had a tour of America's last diesel powered Aircraft carrier, was a pity because it didn't even have any jet powered aircraft on it...
                  ...does not stop nuclear Submarines from berthing at Fleet Base West.
                  The G.W is considerably bigger than the olde' conventional carriers that used to come here, like the USS Independence etc.
                  Christie. 1972-2012. RIP my dear friend. Never forgotten.

Comment

gonna be some sore girls tomorrow

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/stor...005361,00.html
                    Last edited by digz; 03-07-2009, 09:36 PM.
                    Better than you since '87

Comment

Originally posted by digz View Post
                      gonna be some sore girls tomorrow
                      and no doubt plenty of high fiving back on the deck.

I remember years ago, whenever a nuclear vessel was visiting WA some sorry sod from the State Emergency Service got to spend 24 hours residing in the bunker at Belmont HQ just in case. That was a while back.
                      Originally posted by Abuse this
                      Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
                        prob still happens as if the ship goes up there has to be someone left in perth to pass the info on....

but what a load of shit...your nuclear so stay 3km away.....if it goes up there will be no fishing in freo harbour for along time
                        A site all parents should check regulary
                        http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

Comment

Isn't the safe limit more like 12 miles? (I know this from true lies)
                          For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                          For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Beautiful, clear shots. I have serious lens envy!
                            "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Rock View Post
                              ...does not stop nuclear Submarines from berthing at Fleet Base West.
                              Garden Island != Fremantle.

Comment

Working...
                              X