X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subway, not so fresh

Pardon me while I have a winge.

Mostly in question here is the egg that is used at subway for their breakfast sandwichs.
    A couple of months ago, I watched them make my breakfast (egg is generally done out the back away from prying eyes) and instread of using fresh egg, they use a processed and pasturised egg slurry that is made in Victoria and then freighted over here. So that when some one asked for a bacon and egg breakfast roll, they just ladel a bit of slurry from the drum into a paper try and microwave it till it fluffs up a bit.

I complained about the lack of fresh egg to the store ower and to the national headquaters but was basicly told to shut up "It's still fresh"
    By "Fresh" though I think they just mean anything that is not yet classed as rancid.

They have now changed this practice!!!! YAY. But its worse now.
    I ordered one the other morning, The happy staff member went out the back into the freezer and returned with a yellow dinner plate between two sheets of baking paper. Through it in the microwave with a *Thunk* and nuked it for about 45 seconds. Out came my "fresh" egg that was folded into my roll.

HOW F**IN HARD IS IT TO TAKE THE EGG OUT OF THE SHELL YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!
    Crack it open into your little paper thing, squish it with a fork, then microwave. Not perfect, but takes just as long and you could convincingly claim your egg is fresh. (provided it has not been out of the chicken for too long)

Get your shit tegether Subway, McDonalds serves fresher then you.....

Tastes rank too, shame because a fresh egg and bacon sub with BBQ sauce could be all kinds of awesome.

Comment

There should be a common thread for minor rants like this, where people can vent and not clog up the forum with negativity.

If you don't like it STOP FUCKING BUYING IT.
      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

This egg plus lack of tesselating of cheese really shits me. No more Subway breakie for me.
        Originally posted by Abuse this
        Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

you 'throw' something into the microwave

not "through" it

Comment

Originally posted by Espresso Avenger View Post
            Pardon me while I have a winge.

Mostly in question here is the egg that is used at subway for their breakfast sandwichs.
            A couple of months ago, I watched them make my breakfast (egg is generally done out the back away from prying eyes) and instread of using fresh egg, they use a processed and pasturised egg slurry that is made in Victoria and then freighted over here. So that when some one asked for a bacon and egg breakfast roll, they just ladel a bit of slurry from the drum into a paper try and microwave it till it fluffs up a bit.

I complained about the lack of fresh egg to the store ower and to the national headquaters but was basicly told to shut up "It's still fresh"
            By "Fresh" though I think they just mean anything that is not yet classed as rancid.

They have now changed this practice!!!! YAY. But its worse now.
            I ordered one the other morning, The happy staff member went out the back into the freezer and returned with a yellow dinner plate between two sheets of baking paper. Through it in the microwave with a *Thunk* and nuked it for about 45 seconds. Out came my "fresh" egg that was folded into my roll.

HOW F**IN HARD IS IT TO TAKE THE EGG OUT OF THE SHELL YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!
            Crack it open into your little paper thing, squish it with a fork, then microwave. Not perfect, but takes just as long and you could convincingly claim your egg is fresh. (provided it has not been out of the chicken for too long)

Get your shit tegether Subway, McDonalds serves fresher then you.....
            I feel sorry for the people that had to listen to your complaint.

If you want better quality / fresher eggs, go to a cafe or something.

Comment

You do reaslise that it takes about as long to order bacon and egg rolls as it would to just make them fresh at home.

Im sure its not the time factor for them its probably the cost of buying the eggs.

I have discovered that I can buy egg whites cheaper than I can buy eggs. So some machine or whatever will crack the eggs open, separate the whites and Package it cheaper than I can get real eggs.

I dont understand it.
              My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

MY FAST FOOD IS SERVED IN A QUICK MANNER

Comment

Originally posted by WIGARUS View Post
                  I feel sorry for the people that had to listen to your complaint.

If you want better quality / fresher eggs, go to a cafe or something.
                  THIS ^^^^ What do you expect for $4, or what ever they are?

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post

If you don't like it STOP FUCKING BUYING IT.
                  And also THIS ^^^^

As for me i eat Subway 3 times a week, i mainly have the ham cheese and all the salads 95% of the time have satisfied with my meal

Comment

Working...
                  X