Questions for those who work FIFO and overseas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for those who work FIFO and overseas

Could any people who work FIFO overseas like oil rigs or whatever please PM me?
    I just have some questions regarding getting paid and conditions.

Thanks

It is an absolute prerequisite that you start whinging about a few things once you start working OS full time...
    1. How much tax you pay
    2. How much extra tax you pay to the Oz government
    3. How little you use the services you pay tax on
    4. How well single mothers/unemployed are compared to you
    5. How it is so much better if you just lived overseas full time!

There's plenty more, but if you start boning up on these topics you should be fine for a while.

Enjoy the job, and if you don't feel any of these emotions then good for you!
    Dead Man's Hand
    Internationational Porter Protection Group
    Just call me Pat

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Pat View Post
      It is an absolute prerequisite that you start whinging about a few things once you start working OS full time...
      1. How much tax you pay

There's plenty more, but if you start boning up on these topics you should be fine for a while.

Doesn't just apply to O/S workers. I live semi remote and have the same gripes..........

Comment

Question's aren't for me (wish they were, want a new job ), a friend of mine said they were about to start work somewhere Africa related and was curious bout tax and the rest of that jazz. They said it was Tax free and was curious as to how they get money back home or something like that. So I thought I would see if anyone on here could shed some light on the subject, seeing as few peeps on here are FIFO, OS workers, Rig workers, miners etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by KiM View Post
          Question's aren't for me (wish they were, want a new job ), a friend of mine said they were about to start work somewhere Africa related and was curious bout tax and the rest of that jazz. They said it was Tax free and was curious as to how they get money back home or something like that. So I thought I would see if anyone on here could shed some light on the subject, seeing as few peeps on here are FIFO, OS workers, Rig workers, miners etc etc
          If you work offshore for a period of more than 90 days (concurrently?) then you can get tax exemptions. Well at least you used to be able to, the current fucktards in charge are changing the rules to severely fuck anyone who tries to get ahead in life.

Comment

All changed at the end of the month now you have to be careful due to new goverment rulings! cant even hide it in your super, best to get an overseas account but if you live in australia you may still get caught out

Comment

Depends on whether it is tax free - ATO tax treaty with other countries or if the employing company is quoting a $ amount and saying they will pay the Aus tax to still make the quoted $ up. Places like Sakhalin does this type of arrangement along with a few companies in South America that I know offhand.

Comment

Nobody in their right mind is going to type any worthwhile proposition on here esp. with Obese Patricia's and the like harping on why you should be as poor and unhappy/fustrated as them plus, maybe, one other very valid reason.
                It was minimum of 200 days straight outside Aussie jurisdiction for tax free kinda.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamathi View Post
                  Nobody in their right mind is going to type any worthwhile proposition on here esp. with Obese Patricia's and the like harping on why you should be as poor and unhappy/fustrated as them plus, maybe, one other very valid reason.
                  It was minimum of 200 days straight outside Aussie jurisdiction for tax free kinda.
                  Hint for those playing at home, I've NEVER whinged about how poor or otherwise unhappy/frustrated I am. I leave that up to the fellas making the "Big Bucks" up north or overseas.

It is an absolute prerequisite that you start whinging about a few things ....
                  I rest my case Your Honour.

Dead Man's Hand
                  Just call me Pat

Comment

Hint for those playing at home, I've NEVER whinged about how poor or otherwise unhappy/frustrated I am. I leave that up to the fellas making the "Big Bucks" up north or overseas.
                    Pretty hard to whinge when you get government handouts twice in one tax year.................

Comment

Originally posted by Jack0207 View Post
                      Pretty hard to whinge when you get government handouts twice in one tax year.................
                      Oh man, you just don't want to hear the whinging THOSE payments produced!
                      Dead Man's Hand
                      Just call me Pat

Comment

Never take tax advise of anyone except the best damn tax lawyer you can find.

But for arguments sake Im fairly sure that if you are an Australian citizen you must declare all income regardless of were you make it.

The ATO may somehow decide you are exempt but thats up to them.
                        My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Originally posted by redfern View Post
                          Never take tax advise of anyone except the best damn tax lawyer you can find.

But for arguments sake Im fairly sure that if you are an Australian citizen you must declare all income regardless of were you make it.

The ATO may somehow decide you are exempt but thats up to them.

For Australian residents it depends on the tax treaty for the coutry you are employed in, which will determine the days away you must spend to be treated under that tax treaty. Pretty simple except for when this changes shortly under Krudd.

Comment

1. How much tax you pay

That's it in a nut shell...

Oh and if you're overseas and have already paid for you Thai girl... that turns out to be a Thai ladyboy... just go with it... they don't do refunds.
                            Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
                              That's it in a nut shell...

Oh and if you're overseas and have already paid for you Thai girl... that turns out to be a Thai ladyboy... just go with it... they don't do refunds.
                              Aren't you supposed to do the visual "Agate Check" prior to money changing hands?

Or does it add to the thrill by diving straight in?
                              Dead Man's Hand
                              Just call me Pat

Comment

Working...
                              X